By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Conduit is it even worth the hype and wait?

yushire said:
So members here are reasonable and think the game for what it is, and not affected by the hype. But we're in minority and majority of Wii owners thinks this is a groundbreaking game and thinks this is the best game on the Wii, but in reality its just a average shooter that found in most PS360 library. Its fun, YES... it'll be a good game, YES... but will it even be GOTY HELL NO... not even close. It will not be even Wii GOTY. Thats why I created this thread for some people here that thinks this is the best Wii game ever.

Im posting this vid again to show how hype the people are and saying this is the best Wii game ever...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7spdXLTpgg&feature=related

Another game that sell by hype and people disappointed. Assasin's Creed. Dont let the hype influence you

Assassin's Creed was disappointing? Sure, it was repetitive, but it was all but disappointing. o_O

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Around the Network
yushire said:
So members here are reasonable and think the game for what it is, and not affected by the hype. But we're in minority and majority of Wii owners thinks this is a groundbreaking game and thinks this is the best game on the Wii, but in reality its just a average shooter that found in most PS360 library. Its fun, YES... it'll be a good game, YES... but will it even be GOTY HELL NO... not even close. It will not be even Wii GOTY. Thats why I created this thread for some people here that thinks this is the best Wii game ever.

Im posting this vid again to show how hype the people are and saying this is the best Wii game ever...

Another game that sell by hype and people disappointed. Assasin's Creed. Dont let the hype influence you

So wait, your entire thread is based around a youtube video and it's comments section? Ok, here's the video and it looks great. It looks like a really solid run and gun game with intense action and yes, some downright great graphics. It then has a comment section that starts 6 months ago with a wide range of comments. Some are silly, yes, but it's a Youtube comment section. Actually, I'm reading some of them and so far it's one of the most reasonable comments sections I've seen.

So if what your trying to say is "People make dumb comments on youtube" well... Yeah they do. Although this isn't even really a good example of that. 

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

SHMUPGurus said:
yushire said:

Assassin's Creed was disappointing? Sure, it was repetitive, but it was all but disappointing. o_O

So you didnt take IGN and GT reviews as truth?!! D: I thought you take those reviews as a gospel? O_O

Just to let you know, MOH: H2 gives a score of 8.4 while PS3 version of AC give a score of 7.5, 360 version give a score of 7.8. COD WAW for the Wii give a score of 8.0. For a hyped game as this one it should be atleast a 8.5 above

GT even said that AC was one of the most disappointing game word for word they say this to their video reviews. So yeah, its disappointing. Theres even many posts that says AC was indeed a disappointment.   

@stof----> Not only in youtube but in other gaming sites and other video site except for youtube. Atleast IGN and vgchartz have more reasonable thinking than other people. I think those people will be deeply disappointed as for me, I just treat this game as other games in Wii's library and buying this game in a budget price not buy this since day one...

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

yushire said:]

@stof----> Not only in youtube but in other gaming sites and other video site except for youtube. Atleast IGN and vgchartz have more reasonable thinking than other people. I think those people will be deeply disappointed as for me, I just treat this game as other games in Wii's library and buying this game in a budget price not buy this since day one...

So you're sticking by this claim that there are legions of rabid fanatics who think this will be the game of the year on all consoles, but keep backtracking on who they are. Like I said, that Youtube video had pretty reasonable comments. And why is it a game just like other Wii games that should be bought at budget price? It looks like a great game. 

As far as I can tell, this thread was started for 2 reasons.

Reason 1: You're not interested in the Conduit.

Reason 2: Other people are.

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

And who said Im not interested in The Conduit? I just dont want the game to be like another Assasin's Creed thats all. Just look at the hype that game given to and turned out to be disappointment. Thats what Im saying...

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

Around the Network

And yeah, we have to wait till May 2009 if Im wrong or not here. You will all know what I mean...

E3 2010- Tape runs out

A lot of people loved Assassin's Creed. Are you saying they're similar games in how they play? Or are you just saying that they're both games that... I don't know, Assassin's Creed sold very well, mixed reviews? Some people will like it more than others?

The Conduit is a great looking FPS Wii exclusive with Wii controls, online multiplayer and voice chat. So far there's been no reason to believe that it's a bad game. And there's been no attempts by the developer or game sites to position it as a gaming phenomenon.

There's been enough hands on time with the game that we'd know if it had an abysmal framerate. We similarly know that the controls are rock solid and that the configuration is unparalleled. You've said people might be disappointed with the graphics and the online. But we've already seen the graphics. In fact they're part of the reason there's so much interest in the game. And we know it will have 16 player online, voice chat and a collection of standard modes with one or two unique twists. Unless the game that ships has worse graphics than the game currently has and none of the modes promised, why would people be disappointed with it?

the hard part about this game is what game do you put down to play it?????

If you have all three consoles at your disposal I mean and a killer PC. I beat resistence 2 gonna give KZ2 a serious look still have to play fallout3, LBP ,Getting achievements on Gears 2 now. and still have farcry 2 to beat and get L4D still not to mention COD5 world at war then next year RE5 comes out were do they sneak this game in?????

I can see the 37 million wii owners getting it NOT ,maybe 1 million tops even if its a great game say a 9 its still nothing new under the sun that will hook players like a half life or halo if it doesnt offer 4 player splitscreen it fails right there.

stof said:
A lot of people loved Assassin's Creed. Are you saying they're similar games in how they play? Or are you just saying that they're both games that... I don't know, Assassin's Creed sold very well, mixed reviews? Some people will like it more than others?

The Conduit is a great looking FPS Wii exclusive with Wii controls, online multiplayer and voice chat. So far there's been no reason to believe that it's a bad game. And there's been no attempts by the developer or game sites to position it as a gaming phenomenon.

There's been enough hands on time with the game that we'd know if it had an abysmal framerate. We similarly know that the controls are rock solid and that the configuration is unparalleled. You've said people might be disappointed with the graphics and the online. But we've already seen the graphics. In fact they're part of the reason there's so much interest in the game. And we know it will have 16 player online, voice chat and a collection of standard modes with one or two unique twists. Unless the game that ships has worse graphics than the game currently has and none of the modes promised, why would people be disappointed with it?

So wheres the sequel of AC then? Are Ubisoft planning for a sequel? And if they are... when? If its in 2009 they should announced it on E3 or in Leizpeig...

And about The Conduit, most Wii owners own a PS360 too especially the core owners. So what do they think that The Conduit was special? Is it because of the controls? Its already done in MOH: H2, is it because of the graphics? Ps360 was better, because of online? PSN and xbox live have better online than wi fi. So what?

Anyway, this game will be more benefited from only Wii core owners that not own a PS360 than most general Wii core owners... like me. But like I said, this game will not be special and for people that keeps hyping this game will be disappointed. If they really want a FPS online game better buy COD WAW or MOH: H2 for one thing, its 32 players online and no friend codes. And there are still 500 people playing online a day...

E3 2010- Tape runs out

yushire said:

So wheres the sequel of AC then? Are Ubisoft planning for a sequel? And if they are... when? If its in 2009 they should announced it on E3 or in Leizpeig...

And about The Conduit, most Wii owners own a PS360 too especially the core owners. So what do they think that The Conduit was special? Is it because of the controls? Its already done in MOH: H2, is it because of the graphics? Ps360 was better, because of online? PSN and xbox live have better online than wi fi. So what?

Anyway, this game will be more benefited from only Wii core owners that not own a PS360 than most general Wii core owners... like me. But like I said, this game will not be special and for people that keeps hyping this game will be disappointed. If they really want a FPS online game better buy COD WAW or MOH: H2 for one thing, its 32 players online and no friend codes. And there are still 500 people playing online a day...

Ubisoft had always planned for it to be a trilogy. Assassin's Creed moved 3 million on the PS3 and 4 Million on the 360. You think that Ubisoft is going to scrap their plans for it to be a trilogy after it sells better than expected? Aside from how some reviews were mixed, I really don't see what AC has to do with your notions on the Conduit.

And about the Conduit. There are tons of Wii owners who don't own a PS3 or 360. And there are plenty of people who want this game that don't give a damn about MoH2, a Wii/PSP multiplat set in World War 2 without voice chat (that still sold around half a mil we believe).

And why won't this game be special? Looks pretty great.

Instead of assigning false views to other people, why don't you just say "I think The Conduit will be a bad game" Because if it were a bad game, then that would disappoint people. But instead your saying "People think this game will be better than it will be", which is entirely dependent on us all taking your word for what we think.