By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Conduit is it even worth the hype and wait?

Tuulikk said:
yushire said:

For the sake of graphics theres no splitscreen unfortunately, wether co-op or multiplay. Though we should request HVS about it. Im gonna purchase this day one(not exactly) but definitely I will buy this and change my opinion about this game if theres a splitscreen multiplayer.

If you don't think The Conduit will live up to your high expectations, the why buy it? Could you even play it and have fun with it?

Good question, but I ask the same thing to you... Why didnt you buy or rent QoS Wii and COD WAW? Why willing to wait for The Conduit? Whats special about The Conduit that you willing to wait for it? Sure QoS and COD WAW didnt live to your high expectations but the game was good why not enjoy and have fun with it?

Anyway, I admit I played the singleplayer mission of QoS Wii since I borrowed it from my friend, and do you know what? Its good so far. SURE, the graphics was 2003 graphics on the PS2 but it sure was fun. I didnt try the splitscreen multiplayer of it but as for the controls and gameplay so far Im gonna sure buy this game when the price will be lower than now. I wont buy this in retail price but I definitely buy it because its fun...

Im gonna buy The Conduit for sure but not because the reasons whats everyone's reasons why theyre buying the conduit but because Im may be gonna enjoy this game. Same goes to COD WAW to tell you honestly, I dont care about online play, and I bought MOH: H2 because its bargain price. I bought my Wii just this year BTW...

And with that, The Conduit and other Wii games dont need the hype it deserves, you will mostly disappointed afterwards. If it sell it sells, and because of advertising and its a good game but not because of hype. I really dont think The Conduit will be the turning point game for 3rd parties, no other games is, not even Monster Hunter 3.

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Around the Network
Tuulikk said:
dark_gh0st_b0y said:
it does worth the hype

after playing Mushroom men made fromt the same developers, i know that these people are not joking!

Conduit should be really made with a lot of effort!

Red Fly Studios is the maker of Mushroom Men game series. High Voltage Studios makes The Conduit.

So Sorry.

i know the studios are different, but i thought they had something in common, graphics engine or smth

probably i'm mistaken.... :"P

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

yushire said:
Tuulikk said:
yushire said:

For the sake of graphics theres no splitscreen unfortunately, wether co-op or multiplay. Though we should request HVS about it. Im gonna purchase this day one(not exactly) but definitely I will buy this and change my opinion about this game if theres a splitscreen multiplayer.

If you don't think The Conduit will live up to your high expectations, the why buy it? Could you even play it and have fun with it?

Good question, but I ask the same thing to you... Why didnt you buy or rent QoS Wii and COD WAW? Why willing to wait for The Conduit? Whats special about The Conduit that you willing to wait for it? Sure QoS and COD WAW didnt live to your high expectations but the game was good why not enjoy and have fun with it?

Anyway, I admit I played the singleplayer mission of QoS Wii since I borrowed it from my friend, and do you know what? Its good so far. SURE, the graphics was 2003 graphics on the PS2 but it sure was fun. I didnt try the splitscreen multiplayer of it but as for the controls and gameplay so far Im gonna sure buy this game when the price will be lower than now. I wont buy this in retail price but I definitely buy it because its fun...

Im gonna buy The Conduit for sure but not because the reasons whats everyone's reasons why theyre buying the conduit but because Im may be gonna enjoy this game. Same goes to COD WAW to tell you honestly, I dont care about online play, and I bought MOH: H2 because its bargain price. I bought my Wii just this year BTW...

And with that, The Conduit and other Wii games dont need the hype it deserves, you will mostly disappointed afterwards. If it sell it sells, and because of advertising and its a good game but not because of hype. I really dont think The Conduit will be the turning point game for 3rd parties, no other games is, not even Monster Hunter 3.

Haha. :) Good questions, I like to answer good questions!

When I see CoD and other WW2 games, I mostly yawn and get bored.

when I saw CoD4 live on PS3, I just thought the graphics were stiff and weak, a cheap excuse for a HD game where the developers would rather spend time on textures than work on the details (for example, outside of the buildings, nature ), good design and nice a artstyle. All was not that bad, but I expected more from a HD game. I even think Super Mario Galaxy has better graphics then CoD4. At least PS3 and Xbox has a few good looking FPS games and now Wii might get one with The Conduit.

But to be fair, The Conduit has many of the same bad stuff and is on a weaker system. But the enemyes, interesting (not saying good) story, the alien weapons (based or not on weapons from other games) and the way to control them with the Wii Remote and some interesting levels draws my interest to the game.

Rent games here in Sweden? Don't know any place where one can do that anymore, not sense the SNES era when I was a kid and the place I rented movies at had a gameroom in the cellar. One just had to walk past the scary horror movies near the steps down. That was a good times! Even if I don't know a place that rents out games or anyone that rent games, there should be a place somewhere. But probably not near me. :( If I could rent, I think would rent QoS! But not CoD WAW.

So i short, if I would wait for The Conduit, it would be because I find the alternatives not worth it. There is so much more games then FPS games that interests me.

I don't care what makes The Conduit sell as long as it sells, hype or not. Monster Hunter 3 might do something in Japan, but thats probably it.

The problem with CoD:WAW and especially QoS was the existance of PS2 version (which always hurts Wii multiplats) even thou in CoD graphics are impressive for the Wii, i reckon they could polish the game (in terms of modes and maybe splitscreen , and even graphically if there was no PS2 version).

QoS looks awful and has glitches because of the fact that they worked on those versions simultaneously.

The Conduit is developed as a Wii exclusive, it will look and play well.

When PS2 multiplat support finally dies (sorry but that's true, it needs to DIE!) Wii multiplats will be better graphically and content wise.

dark_gh0st_b0y said:
Tuulikk said:
dark_gh0st_b0y said:
it does worth the hype

after playing Mushroom men made fromt the same developers, i know that these people are not joking!

Conduit should be really made with a lot of effort!

Red Fly Studios is the maker of Mushroom Men game series. High Voltage Studios makes The Conduit.

So Sorry.

i know the studios are different, but i thought they had something in common, graphics engine or smth

probably i'm mistaken.... :"P

It's okay. :)

And I don't think so, but I don't know.

Around the Network
Tuulikk said:
yushire said:

when I saw CoD4 live on PS3, I just thought the graphics were stiff and weak, a cheap excuse for a HD game where the developers would rather spend time on textures than work on the details (for example, outside of the buildings, nature ), good design and nice a artstyle. All was not that bad, but I expected more from a HD game. I even think Super Mario Galaxy has better graphics then CoD4. At least PS3 and Xbox has a few good looking FPS games and now Wii might get one with The Conduit.

But to be fair, The Conduit has many of the same bad stuff and is on a weaker system. But the enemyes, interesting (not saying good) story, the alien weapons (based or not on weapons from other games) and the way to control them with the Wii Remote and some interesting levels draws my interest to the game.

Rent games here in Sweden? Don't know any place where one can do that anymore, not sense the SNES era when I was a kid and the place I rented movies at had a gameroom in the cellar. One just had to walk past the scary horror movies near the steps down. That was a good times! Even if I don't know a place that rents out games or anyone that rent games, there should be a place somewhere. But probably not near me. :( If I could rent, I think would rent QoS! But not CoD WAW.

So i short, if I would wait for The Conduit, it would be because I find the alternatives not worth it. There is so much more games then FPS games that interests me.

I don't care what makes The Conduit sell as long as it sells, hype or not. Monster Hunter 3 might do something in Japan, but thats probably it.

Its really a matter of preference on what games you want to  buy or not, but saying The Conduit is a must buy game and everyone should wait for it? Even theres COD WAW? Naah... thats what Im saying.

Anyway, what I really want to say was buy games what you want, dont affected by the hype. It'll ruin your expectations and you just simply disappointed. I appreciate what HVS doing for the Wii but The Conduit isnt the game we waiting for either.

Anyway, the Wiis are in 2.04 this month in NA according to NPD so I think third parties cant ignore the Wii anymore unless they want to face bankruptcy.

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

I'm sorry, Yushire. You are starting to annoy me--don't take it personally.

No matter how many times you repeat your point, I'm still going to disagree with you. You don't want us to get hyped for a game before knowing how it will turn out, but you go and say it won't be the game we are waiting for? So, which game are we waiting for? I'm assuming you mean third parties...

What I'm waiting for is a game which a third party have put some serious effort into. I'm also going to buy all other good games put out by third parties, so I have every right to be super hyped about this game. And I will be so glad to see you eat crow ^__^. OH, and I already bought CoD. QoS looks crappy, reviews agree.

3DS FC: 1306 6473 7511

Nintendod Network ID: xsorenx

Add me for Pokemon, New Leaf, and Fire Emblem, Mario Kart 8.

^^^

OK then, if The Conduit could surpass COD I would eat crow, as simple as that.

Now we just have to wait what will the outcome be. As for now, please lets finish this arguing, I have nothing more to say on this.

If the conduit could surpass COD I would eat crow you win I lose you're right Im wrong as simple as that...

E3 2010- Tape runs out

yushire said:
Tuulikk said:
yushire said:

Its really a matter of preference on what games you want to  buy or not, but saying The Conduit is a must buy game and everyone should wait for it? Even theres COD WAW? Naah... thats what Im saying.

Anyway, what I really want to say was buy games what you want, dont affected by the hype. It'll ruin your expectations and you just simply disappointed. I appreciate what HVS doing for the Wii but The Conduit isnt the game we waiting for either.

Anyway, the Wiis are in 2.04 this month in NA according to NPD so I think third parties cant ignore the Wii anymore unless they want to face bankruptcy.

Just because people are waiting for the Conduit doesn't mean they aren't buying other games.

P.S. I played COD:WAW the other day.  The controls feel awkward, kind of like the Wiimote is acting like a PS360 controller instead of the smooth and flowing opperation of a mouse and keyboard.  I'm guessing this has something to do with the port from PS360 and the development team probably came from console development instead of PC development.  I don't remember thinking the controls were done poorly when playing Metroid Prime 3 (in fact, I liked the way that game played, but there didn't seem to be enough action).  If I missed something in the settings, please let me know.  I really want to like WAW, but the controls feel way too clumsy.

psychoBrew said:
yushire said:

Just because people are waiting for the Conduit doesn't mean they aren't buying other games.

P.S. I played COD:WAW the other day.  The controls feel awkward, kind of like the Wiimote is acting like a PS360 controller instead of the smooth and flowing opperation of a mouse and keyboard.  I'm guessing this has something to do with the port from PS360 and the development team probably came from console development instead of PC development.  I don't remember thinking the controls were done poorly when playing Metroid Prime 3 (in fact, I liked the way that game played, but there didn't seem to be enough action).  If I missed something in the settings, please let me know.  I really want to like WAW, but the controls feel way too clumsy.

Why I created this game in the first place? Im talking about the bolded part BTW, as for the controls QoS Wii dont control so bad infact, it feels smooth. The auto aim makes this game cheap though, and I've seen the videos on youtubeCOD WAW dont feel clunky. Did you set the controls aim assist disable and make the sensitivity in insane?

E3 2010- Tape runs out