By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - i think 360 may have an 8 million+ lead after fall results are out.........

as above^

yes i still like ps3 more, its got the best features, the games i want to play,imo best 2008 games, and stunning looking titles for 2009 killzone heavy rain gow3 etc etc.

im just talking about raw sales not gaming. sales do not effect my gaming as long as the games keep coming out. so dont flame or piss about in any of ur replies ok.

when i went to get resistance 2 today, all i saw in GAME and GAMESTATION were 360 offers they were to good to pass up for a holiday gift buyer, i really do mean to good

example, 360 pro with 4 games for £169 with free unofficial wireles pad(halo 3 - forza/viva double pack - kung fu panda)

^and lots of iterations of deals like the above.

in tough economic times gifts like that are more desirable for the wallet than a £299 ps3 with pacific rift+pes2009(same shops) although i belive the ps3 packages are far far more value, it ultimatly turns down to how much an average joe wants to spend, the rock bottom price of 360 combined with tough economic times imo makes the 360 bundles far more purchasable.

also last week when i was working in leeds, the zavvi store, an entire window(very very long window and i do mean that) was just blocked up with 360 bundles and nothing else, the ps3 and wii, had a little corner lol have a look urself if u live in leeds.

i dont think sony could do anything about it, its not a question of games as it has shed loads of them, neither features not internet, its just a pricing issue combined with credit crunch.

2009 will be interesting to see what sonys responce in pricing will be, its certainly got the games in 2009(il be enjoying socom in jan then killzone in feb) but at what price? i think it may be difficult for ps3 to claw back right besides 360 in total console sales in 2009, but it may have a chance later than that, could even be right at end of gen who knows.

just thought id give my 2 pence, after seeing the 360 deals in shops 2day. ps3 will be heavily outsold this year but the games on playstation will keep coming.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network
Skeeuk said:

as above^

yes i still like ps3 more, its got the best features, the games i want to play,imo best 2008 games, and stunning looking titles for 2009 killzone heavy rain gow3 etc etc.

im just talking about raw sales not gaming. sales do not effect my gaming as long as the games keep coming out. so dont flame or piss about in any of ur replies ok.

when i went to get resistance 2 today, all i saw in GAME and GAMESTATION were 360 offers they were to good to pass up for a holiday gift buyer, i really do mean to good

example, 360 pro with 4 games for £169 with free unofficial wireles pad(halo 3 - forza/viva double pack - kung fu panda)

^and lots of iterations of deals like the above.

in tough economic times gifts like that are more desirable for the wallet than a £299 ps3 with pacific rift+pes2009(same shops) although i belive the ps3 packages are far far more value, it ultimatly turns down to how much an average joe wants to spend, the rock bottom price of 360 combined with tough economic times imo makes the 360 bundles far more purchasable.

also last week when i was working in leeds, the zavvi store, an entire window(very very long window and i do mean that) was just blocked up with 360 bundles and nothing else, the ps3 and wii, had a little corner lol have a look urself if u live in leeds.

i dont think sony could do anything about it, its not a question of games as it has shed loads of them, neither features not internet, its just a pricing issue combined with credit crunch.

2009 will be interesting to see what sonys responce in pricing will be, its certainly got the games in 2009(il be enjoying socom in jan then killzone in feb) but at what price? i think it may be difficult for ps3 to claw back right besides 360 in total console sales in 2009, but it may have a chance later than that, could even be right at end of gen who knows.

just thought id give my 2 pence, after seeing the 360 deals in shops 2day. ps3 will be heavily outsold this year but the games on playstation will keep coming.

There are no unofficial wireless pads. You are right abouth the bundles though. If I didn't own a 360 already I'd get one this crimbo for sure.

I don't think anyone intelligent cares if a console is outselling another console...as long as their console has the games that they want to play.

I think a sega dreamcast owner was a lot happier in 2000 and 2001 than a ps2 owner. Yet ps2 sold much more...

Seing PS3 outsold like this did teach a Sony many valuable lessons...such as that bundling hardware features doesn't matter if the price isn't right and that depending on 3rd parties for your big hits is like depending on a hooker to stay with you even when the money is gone.

But despite all this PS3 is still a viable console today and will get its time to shine...late 2009/early 2010 in my opinion.

Ill get one again when price is right.

disolitude said:
I don't think anyone intelligent cares if a console is outselling another console...as long as their console has the games that they want to play.

I think a sega dreamcast owner was a lot happier in 2000 and 2001 than a ps2 owner. Yet ps2 sold much more...

Seing PS3 outsold like this did teach a Sony many valuable lessons...such as that bundling hardware features doesn't matter if the price isn't right and that depending on 3rd parties for your big hits is like depending on a hooker to stay with you even when the money is gone.

But despite all this PS3 is still a viable console today and will get its time to shine...late 2009/early 2010 in my opinion.

It will sell more systems than most 2nd and 3rd place consoles previous gens and possibly more than some first place ones. (i dont know how many consoles each system sold)

Max King of the Wild said:
disolitude said:

It will sell more systems than most 2nd and 3rd place consoles previous gens and possibly more than some first place ones. (i dont know how many consoles each system sold)

It may have an outside chance to beat SNES (sub 50 mil) which was first place. And it will surely outsell mastersystem(13 mil) Genesis(29), n64(33) and xbox(24) which were second place.

Around the Network

Well, you could put it this way....unlike past 3rd place systems, the PS3 still gets most 3rd party blockbuster hits... so if you only own a PS3 and aren´t a 'company boy', there´s no real reason for 'sadness'. (Well, unless you´re a diehard Star Ocean/Tales fanboy :P)

yeah exactly i couldnt give a crap if sony stopped making PS3 today and i would still pick one, i did it with the dreamcast back then, the main reason i got a 360 so i can games with my firends on line, but yeah the 360 has a steady foothold right now as far as HD consoles goes.

Playing Assassin's Creed and Resident evil 5 <3

I dont want to be fanboy anymore...Why? it takes to much work but i will call on ppl on there B.S!!!:)

@mistershine i cnt vouch if it was wireless or not it looked it to me.........mabey wired but still thast a good deal

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

2009 also a very gret year for xbox 360, so many good titles, exclusive, also multipltform, and don't forget, many PC-xbox 360 titles that will be released for 2009.

The PS3 has some excellent games for 2009, its definately worth the price of entry for me. But yes 8 million + sounds about right for a gap between them right now.

Tease.