By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - ExciteTruck developers working on top-secret Nintendo game

Khuutra said:
twesterm said:
Unless it's Excite Truck 2 with online and more courses I'm not interested.

God Excite Truck is an awesome game.

Now I know I don't say this often enough

But anyone who wouldn't be satisfied with the next F-Zero is a communist. A big fat communist.

Are you a communist?

Seriously though I hope whatever this is is awesome.

I need to pick up Excite Truck, actually.

A new F-Zero would be cool but I actually wasn't a huge fan of the GC version (I still love the SNES version).  I would much rather see an Excite Truck 2.

Around the Network

Too hard in single player or what? It was pretty much my favorite racer of the generation.

Also, does Excite Truck play anything like Excitebike? Those were the days.

Khuutra said:
Too hard in single player or what? It was pretty much my favorite racer of the generation.

Also, does Excite Truck play anything like Excitebike? Those were the days.

It wasn't too hard, just didn't like it a lot (I normally don't like racing games a lot).

And the only way Excite Truck reminds me of Excite Bike is the name.  I guess Exctite Truck has boosts and you can overheat but they really aren't anything alike (and it's pretty hard for them to be alike anyways).

Well that's okay, I was just asking out of idle curiosity. I haven't played Excitebike since I was about four.

How's the multiplayer? I'm an RA in a university residence, and I take split screen multiplayer into account for this sort of thing (which is why Mario Kart Wii is such a hit with me).

Khuutra said:
Well that's okay, I was just asking out of idle curiosity. I haven't played Excitebike since I was about four.

How's the multiplayer? I'm an RA in a university residence, and I take split screen multiplayer into account for this sort of thing (which is why Mario Kart Wii is such a hit with me).

I have never actually played it multiplayer so I can't tell you.  I generally only play Excite Truck when I want something fun to play for 15-20 minutes.

By the way, I don't know if you've tried it, but if you want a multiplayer game get Warioware: Smooth Moves.  You have to spend an afternoon unlocking the fun multiplayer modes which does suck (but not too much because it is fun) but the 12 player multiplayer is one of the most fun multiplayer experiences I've ever had.

Around the Network

You know, I actually own the game, and I've unlocked all the game modes, but I haven't tried playing it with my floor yet. This is certainly an idea.... should work out better than Rayman, anyways.

Khuutra said:
You know, I actually own the game, and I've unlocked all the game modes, but I haven't tried playing it with my floor yet. This is certainly an idea.... should work out better than Rayman, anyways.

The 12 player is just stupid amounts of fun, actually most of the multiplayer modes are stupid amounts of fun.

Starnose is just weird and interesting as is Bungie Buddies.  There's one mode where you and the other 3 players are running on a track and competeting for first.  When the game ends you start cutting ropes to drop people in alligator infested waters so even the person that first can still die (it's a lot of fun).

But the real star of the show is still the 12 player multiplayer.  You all just share a single controller and it's just chaos and fun.

Well then. Next time I have the opportunity to bring the Wii over while my floor is around (exam season is starting up) I'll be sure to lay down some Smooth Moves, as it were.

Thank you for the recommendation, sir. You are a gentleman and a scholar.

And not a communist.

Damned rumours exciting me.

Damn i'd kill for a new Excite Truck. I though the first one was great, but admittedly, it did take a while to get used to its controls. But it felts so fluid.

But then again, I also wan F-Zero. Who made the 64 version?

I know SEGA did the GC version, but I personally liked the 64 one better :/

Proud member of the Fierce Fox Force.

"I strike spurs onto my Wii controller. And against Sony and MS I fling myself,
unvanquished and unyielding. 'O Wii!!!"

-The Nintendian Philosophy