By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Lips sold more than Left 4 Dead opening week in Sweden.

It had a even better second week, 3rd place on the xbox 360 chart :)

Around the Network

And now it's in 2nd place!

It has legs?!

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

In the UK Lips is being heavily advertised. I haven't seen a single ad for L4D. I expect it is the same for the rest of Europe.

From compiling the Nintendo and shop channel stuff I can tell you Sweden is one of the most hardcore gaming countries included in the data, in that new games are bought pretty quickly, generally played for longer per person, and generally seen as more hardcore (not in the FPS sense, but the gamers-game sense) titles.

Like Megaman 9 week, which had sold more in the first 45 minutes than the next best Wiiware game had sold for the past 2 weeks.

Secondly, from the old PAL charts we used to get, singing games are HUGE there, often 3-4 singstar titles in the best sellers.

Combine those two things together and Lips should do well.

Around the Network

I keep seeing that goddamn lips advert here in the uk. Its soooo annoying!

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

TWRoO said:

Secondly, from the old PAL charts we used to get, singing games are HUGE there, often 3-4 singstar titles in the best sellers.

Combine those two things together and Lips should do well.

Well, the number one title on the xbox is Guitar Hero: World Tour. On both PS2 and PS3 Singstar #1 followed by Guitar Hero: World Tour.

Only four Singstar games and two guitar hero games in the PS2 top ten :)

Me and my friends in Sweden call ourselves "hardcore", we buy "hardcore games" day one, play them for a long time and play them online etc etc..

But also, almost every single one us loves to play party games like Singstar, Lips and DDR. They're just crazy fun!

Let's make out!

Lips is being heavily advertised on tv in Australia.

I love that game and I am from Canada. My friends came over last weekend to play and they went to the best buy to pick it up on their way home that night. what would really help the title is more advertising and more song selection!