By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Lair creator on Insomniacs podcast.

http://www.insomniacgames.com/podcast/podcast.php

Juian, starts at around 19/20 minutes into the game.

Frame rate issues in Lair fixed just barly at the end of development (imo this might be the reason for the delay)
Next game from F5 is also on PS3
Talks PS3 and GC deveopment, PS3 power.

Around the Network
Killzone3 said:

Frame rate issues in Lair fixed just barly at the end of development

And then everyone is surprised when people talk about quality of console games dropping?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Doesn't the next F5 game HAVE to be on PS3. It is second party now right? Otherwise... good they fixed the framerate issue. Though if it's been fixed right before it was finished i wonder how that's going to effect the difficulty and previous playtesting. Lookin foward to it whenever I get a PS3.

NJ5 said:
Killzone3 said:

And then everyone is surprised when people talk about quality of console games dropping?

Total opposite.  The pushed the game to far and struggled with it, they could have taken the way of the wuss and made something mediocre but no they had big plans and followed them.

I didn't know the Nintendo had considered putting the motion sensing in the GC. I wonder how different the last gen would have been if they had.

Around the Network
Killzone3 said:
NJ5 said:
Killzone3 said:

Total opposite.  The pushed the game to far and struggled with it, they could have taken the way of the wuss and made something mediocre but no they had big plans and followed them.

So by trying to make the game so high quality it ended up being low quality? Touche. Touche. What is everyone's expectations on this game's sales? Should we expect to see another dissapointing seller?

Proud Owner Of: Wii, DS, PSP, Xbox 360 (Brother owns PS3 & PS2)

Things that have changed since the last Generation of Gaming:

- Nintendo has shown us you can have the best selling console of all time with virtually no games for it.

- Graphics suddenly matter to Sony fans but Reverse Compatibility and Dual shock oddly enough don’t.

- Kiddy Crap is trendy with Hardcore gamers now that it’s no longer Nintendo’s “thing” (Viva Piñata, Little Big Planet, Banjo Kazooie 3, LBP)

- Third Party Developers are now essentially the equivalent of Video Game street pimps.

- Gimmicks are no longer fads (Wii-mote)... Well, not all Gimmicks (PS-Eye)

Maverick Hunter Z said:
Killzone3 said:
NJ5 said:
Killzone3 said:

Total opposite. The pushed the game to far and struggled with it, they could have taken the way of the wuss and made something mediocre but no they had big plans and followed them.

So by trying to make the game so high quality it ended up being low quality? Touche. Touche. What is everyone's expectations on this game's sales? Should we expect to see another dissapointing seller?

How is it low quality, maybe in your fantasy land.

It isn't released and we have like a total of 4 reviews.

NO one should have a opionon on how good or bad this game is going to be/sell.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Killzone3 said:
NJ5 said:
Killzone3 said:

Suppose that they were not able to fix the frame rate issue and just "taken the way of the wuss and made something mediocre"... would they really admit to doing that if they did? I personally hope the game is good, but this delay has me even more hesitant to back this game 100%.

Saiyar said:

>>I didn't know the Nintendo had considered putting the motion sensing in the GC. I wonder how different the last gen would have been if they had.