By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Lair creator on Insomniacs podcast.

Killzone3 said:
Maverick Hunter Z said:
Killzone3 said:
NJ5 said:
Killzone3 said:

Frame rate issues in Lair fixed just barly at the end of development

And then everyone is surprised when people talk about quality of console games dropping?

Total opposite. The pushed the game to far and struggled with it, they could have taken the way of the wuss and made something mediocre but no they had big plans and followed them.

So by trying to make the game so high quality it ended up being low quality? Touche. Touche. What is everyone's expectations on this game's sales? Should we expect to see another dissapointing seller?

How is it low quality, maybe in your fantasy land.

I think what he's saying is.. Framerate is something that should of been fixed nearly from the start of the game.  I mean framerate issues effect controls a lot, I mean why else do computer gamers try to maximize framerate.

If they were deciding difficulty on a lower frame rate or with choppy gameplay it might end up making the game too easy.  It also might make the controls too responsive though i'm sure they'd tighten them up for the framerate difference. 

If anything it might give people who care too much about reviews an out on why it's been getting 7.5 reviews and lower.  The framerates wern't right making the controls more of a pain and more unresponsive.

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:

I think what he's saying is.. Framerate is something that should of been fixed nearly from the start of the game. I mean framerate issues effect controls a lot, I mean why else do computer gamers try to maximize framerate.

If they were deciding difficulty on a lower frame rate or with choppy gameplay it might end up making the game too easy. It also might make the controls too responsive though i'm sure they'd tighten them up for the framerate difference.

If anything it might give people who care too much about reviews an out on why it's been getting 7.5 reviews and lower. The framerates wern't right making the controls more of a pain and more unresponsive.

Frame rate is never perfect from the strat, you ever read previews ?  They always optimize at the end.

No reviewer had the final build,  you may spot on on that one. 

montrealsoon said:
Saiyar said:

>>I didn't know the Nintendo had considered putting the motion sensing in the GC. I wonder how different the last gen would have been if they had.<<

I haven't heard the podcast yet, but what I read years ago was that Nintendo was going to add some new peripheral to the GC thereby extending it's life (instead of a new console in 2005-07'ish).

That could be what he was on about since it was rebel strike that he (Julian from factor 5) was talking about adding motion controls to.