By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Predicting Top Selling Games in the Americas (August-December)

I'm going to nominate every (new) game I think has a chance at selling over 100,000 in the Americas on Wii, PS3, and 360 from August - December 2007.  This is based on IGN release dates, so just correct me if I'm wrong on some dates.

August:

Likely

Wii - Metroid Prime 3, Madden NFL 2008, Boogie, Tiger Woods 08,

360 - Madden NFL 2008, Blue Dragon, Bioshock

PS3 - Madden NFL 2008, GRAW II, Stuntman

Possible: Warhawk, Space Station Tycoon (Wii), Tiger Woods 08' (PS3)

September:

Likely

PS3 - Heavenly Sword, Lair, Skate

Wii - MySims, DDR, Dragon Blade

360 - Halo 3, PGR 4, NHL 2k8

Possible: Eternal Sontata, Fatal Inertia, Elder Scrolls IV (Game of the year edition), Dewey's Adventure

October:

Likely: 

Xbox 360: Final Fantasy XI, NBA 2k8, NBA Live 08, Tony Hawk, Ace Combat, Viva Pinata, Guitar Hero III, Virtual Fighter 5, The Simpsons Movie (game)

Wii: Guitar Hero III, Zack & Wiki, DK Barrel Blast, Tony Hawk, Fifa, EA Playground, Need for Speed, Battallion Wars 2, The Simpsons Movie (game)

PS3: NBA 08, NBA 2k8, NBA Live 08, Ratchet & Clank, Guitar Hero III, Singstar, Need for Speed, The Simpsons Movie (game)

Possible: Forever Blue, Folklore, Fifa Soccer (PS3)

November:

Likely:

PS3: Assassin's Creed, Call of Duty 4, Haze, Brothers in Arms, Rockband, Uncharted, Unreal Tournament 3, Time Crisis 4

Xbox 360: Assassin's Creed, Call of Duty 4, Brothers in Arms, Rockband, Army of Two, Mass Effect, Phantasy Star Universe

Wii: Soul Calibur Legends, Nights, Super Mario Galaxy, Fire Emblem, Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games, Medal of Honor Heroes 2, Rayman Raving Rabbits 2, Trauma Center 2, Resident Evil: UC

Possible: Geometry Wars ($30), My Word Coach, Crusin'

December:

Likely

Wii - Super Smash Brothers Brawl

Of the above games, here are my guesses at the top 10 games (in no order) - by sales - (Aug-Dec releases only) for each console

Wii - Galaxy, Brawl, Guitar Hero III, Mario & Sonic, Metroid Prime 3, DDR, Soul Calibur Legends, The Simpsons, Medal of Honor Heroes 2, Zack & Wiki

PS3 - Haze, Drake, Ratchet & Clank, Guitar Hero III, The Simpsons, Rockband, Madden, Unreal Tournament 3, Assassin's Creed, Call of Duty 4

Xbox 360 - Halo 3, Assassin's Creed, Rockband, Guitar Hero III, Madden, Call of Duty 4, Mass Effect, Bioshock, Brothers in Arms, NBA 2k8

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Around the Network

great christmas to look foward to

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

If Blue Dragon sells in America I will personally go to the house of whoever bought it and deep fry their 360.

whats wrong with blue dragon
your insulting a game that was made by the greater of the greatest franchise ever.

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.

O for december as long as they get more news on it im guessing lost odyssey has a decent possibility of making 100k as long as its released when it says it is

(really depends, if blue dragon does really well i expect same for lost odyssey same type)

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.