By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why you should own all three consoles

I own the 360/PS3 combo.
The 360 is my console of choice btw. PS3 only for exclusives and Blu-Ray movies.

People owning only 1 console are missing so much...
If you're a kid, I can understand (no money) but being adult and only have 1 machine... it's just stupid.

If you love games, you love games. No fanboy bullshit.

Why not a Wii for me? I'm waiting on the HD version.
480p... I simply can't.

My Gaming Setup

Around the Network

>_>

Neoraf said:
I own the 360/PS3 combo.
The 360 is my console of choice btw. PS3 only for exclusives and Blu-Ray movies.

People owning only 1 console are missing so much...
If you're a kid, I can understand (no money) but being adult and only have 1 machine... it's just stupid.

If you love games, you love games. No fanboy bullshit.

Why not a Wii for me? I'm waiting on the HD version.
480p... I simply can't.

What if 1 machine is the only one that interests you? I think it'd be rather stupid to waste money on a system that you wouldn't enjoy. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you just threw those words out there without really putting much thought into it.

You're gonna have to wait a long time for any Wii HD stuff. I don't think HD will be in until their next console. I feel bad for you though, if resolutions 480p and under are too bad for you to enjoy, you really missed out on hundreds of good games over the years. So I take it this is the first generation of gaming that you got into? Welcome to the videogame world!

Come on wfz...
I'm 27, my first console was the NES back in 1989.
I had so much consoles over the years... Dreamcast, Super Nes, Saturn, PSX, Nintendo 64, Xbox, PS2, Master System.

I cannot stand 480p anymore.
It's called Evolution.

With my large 46" HDTV, 480p feels wrong.

My Gaming Setup

Neoraf said:
Come on wfz...
I'm 27, my first console was the NES back in 1989.
I had so much consoles over the years... Dreamcast, Super Nes, Saturn, PSX, Nintendo 64, Xbox, PS2, Master System.

I cannot stand 480p anymore.
It's called Evolution.

With my large 46" HDTV, 480p feels wrong.

Yeah I was just messing around. But come on, you can still go back and enjoy the older games right? So can you pass that psychological barrier and try to enjoy the Wii? Of course it all comes down to whether or not the system even has games you'd want to play, and if they'd be worth it.

But hey, if you can enjoy PS1 games, you have no basis for saying you can't enjoy wii games. PS1 games are the bluriest things ever. :P

Around the Network

As a longtime gamer I have always tried my best to play a wide range of games and try to get each system in order to be able to say what is truly the best. Unfortunately money does play a part as I've only recently been able to get a ps3 (owned a wii for a while) and still waiting to buy a 360 on my own since a couple friends own it and since I get to play it over there its been relegated to the last of my own purchases. There are many great games to be had for each system so my purchases come down to exclusives and bargain bin hunts. Like others have mentioned the hardest thing is finding time to play along with the two handhelds and pc gaming. Still I don't see how people can say they won't like a system before they even try it.

“When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life." - author unknown

Esa-Petteri said:
Nah, 360 is more than enough for everyone.

No it really isn't.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Just a personal choice, but I prefer to buy an Imperial Buttload of games for one box rather than only afford the premium games for all consoles.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

im happy with my 360 and PSP, but in the future i will get a ps3

Playing Assassin's Creed and Resident evil 5 <3

I dont want to be fanboy anymore...Why? it takes to much work but i will call on ppl on there B.S!!!:)

~flame said:

im happy with my 360 and PSP, but in the future i will get a ps3

Glad to hear it, i hear owning both HD consoles is a blast, PSP and DS are the best hand-helds around also....nuu iTouch or whatever thats called....

Anyways on topic...

So when Dollas Grow on tree's in my backyard sure, hell i'll even buy a Wii (and i dislike that console since im a HD Fanboy) and first and foremost ill buy all the great PS3 exclusives i seem to lack since "Some" members on VG aswell as the PlayStaton forums seem to be hounding me about it, that and is still didnt try one of the Team ICO games yet. (Im looking at you makingmusic/clide O_0)

So yeah basicly speaking, it'd be nice if we were all growing moonaaay treezzz. :D

Note: Both HD console owning is still a very good thing though because 720p and 1080p have teh pretty colors. :D