By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Metroid:Corruption - NA sales prediction thread...

300K first week.

Around the Network

100k 1st week
300k end of sept
700k end of year

MontanaHatchet said:
Some of you are a little optimistic. Metroid is a big game, sure, but it has a LOT of competition in August, as shown in this beautiful thread...

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=4583

This will likely get me slaughtered, but August will be a 360 month. Everyone will buy Madden and Bioshock, no one will have money left for Corruption. I'd put it at...

110-120k first week...

550k by end of September...

Million seller by 08!

Uh...plenty of people who own a Wii will definitely buy Metroid.  I hear people talking about Metroid, and I didn't even think they would know what Metroid is.  Obviously Madden will outsell it, and probably Bioshock too...but if you're implying that people that own both a 360 and a Wii can't afford 3 games...then pssh for you.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

1st week: 5 million copies
-Lifetime: 5 million and seven copies.

/hey if I'm right I go down in history

nice eab nice.

Around the Network
BenKenobi88 said:

MontanaHatchet said:

Million seller by 08!

Uh...plenty of people who own a Wii will definitely buy Metroid. I hear people talking about Metroid, and I didn't even think they would know what Metroid is. Obviously Madden will outsell it, and probably Bioshock too...but if you're implying that people that own both a 360 and a Wii can't afford 3 games...then pssh for you.

That should be interesting actually.

Bioshock is coming to PC as well... right? Or is it just 360?

My gut says that Metroid should outsell Bioshock - but it should be an interesting battle.

As was evident on our very own "Vote for the top console games you will buy this year" thread - Metroid tied for 2nd (topped by Galaxy, and tied roughly with Brawl). Bioshock was nowhere near the top.

I doubt there are many Wii owners here (on this forum) who wouldn't buy Metroid. Not sure if the same applies to Bioshock (esp. if there is a PC version, as 360/PC gamers seem to overlap a lot).

Make no mistake - it may not have the sales pedigree that other titles have - but Metroid is one of the giga titles to hit this year.  

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Oh I dunno...maybe Bioshock won't outsell it. I'm not really sure how well either title will do...but I know not much else comes out in August...so I'd expect both games to do quite well.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Bioshock will be an awesome game I'm sure, and the 360 userbase might give it an initial head start on Metroid, but there isn't a doubt in my mind that Corruption will blow past Bioshock in sales over the long run.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

I don't think Bioshock will outsell Metroid. Metroid will open bigger, sell more during the holidays, and have better legs. Bioshock may be overlooked because of Halo 3 in the crucial part of it's lifetime. This is Nintendo's first killer app.

I think it depends on the reviews as well, Bioshock has already garnered a lot of media attention on a console that loves shooters and dark/gritty games. Metroid Prime 3 is trying to prove that FPS controls CAN work wonderfully on the wii's controls, and has gotten a fair amount of positive praise so far as well.

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.