By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Metroid:Corruption - NA sales prediction thread...

Well, I can barely believe it. Within 4 weeks the first "giga" hit of the year will arrive (others IMO being Halo, Galaxy, Brawl).

Lets start some (US/NA) sales predictions for Metroid. I want to see first week sales, and sales till the end of September - week ending Sept 30th (as it arrives at the tail end of August ).

(Nintendo - still waiting for a launch date in Europe/Australia....!) 

----------------------

For reference, here are the launch figures for the previous Metroid game:

Metroid Prime 2:Echoes - 140k (week#1, 20th Nov 2004). By March 2005, it had sold 500k units.

Metroid Prime 1 - sold 2.77m units, 1.92m in the US. I don't have any launch figures that I can find.

Metroid Prime: Hunters - sold 100k launch week, and 380k by July 06. Last stats have US sales at 500k.

----------------------

I really have no idea what to expect from Metroid - and much will depend on reviews. Specifically the reviews from sites that tend to mark Wii titles harshly (Joystiq, GameSpot, 1UP, etc...).

My initial predictions:

250k - launch week

600k - sold by end September

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network

150k - launch week.
400k - end of September.

200k launch
500k end of Sept.

First time trying this but...

170K first week.

600K by the Thanksgiving weekend.

800K by Xmas.

errr ... misterd ...

You do realize that Black Friday isn't until November ....?

Around the Network

300k-Launch week
700k-Sold by end september

200k launch
600k end of Sept.

200k Launch week.

The original Metroid Prime sold 1.92 Million units in North America in its lifetime ...

Metroid Prime 2 didn't sell as well but was released in November 2004 directly against World of Warcraft, Metal Gear Solid 3, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Half Life 2 and Halo 2.

Lifetime I expect Metroid Prime 3 to outperform Metroid Prime so by the end of 2007 it will be approaching 1.5 to 2 Million games sold in North America.

it's hard to say...
but it should do better than Prime and Prime 2.

Gamertag : Dark Red Icarus  

Gamerscore : 29000!!!! still growing

PSN ID : Gamer9851

Now Playing : Soul Calibur 4 and World of Warcraft