By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Do you Sony fanboys still believe in the LBP "legs"?

leo-j said:
I cant reply to you kasc, you are asking for more than I can answer, Ive already answered all that needs to be answered, if your trying to spin my post into negativity than so be it.

Spin it into negativity? How can you spin it into anything else? It's all Wii hate, it's easy to tell even without the capslock (which stresses the point even more).

Of course, I can't entirely blame you here since this thread is just flamebait. Starting with "Do you __ fanboys" is always bad news. The thread is just waiting to be locked...

Around the Network
c0rd said:
leo-j said:
I cant reply to you kasc, you are asking for more than I can answer, Ive already answered all that needs to be answered, if your trying to spin my post into negativity than so be it.

Spin it into negativity? How can you spin it into anything else? It's all Wii hate, it's easy to tell even without the capslock (which stresses the point even more).

Of course, I can't entirely blame you here since this thread is just flamebait. Starting with "Do you __ fanboys" is always bad news. The thread is just waiting to be locked...

Worse part is, stof came in, but didn't use his lockhammer yet. :(

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

CGI-Quality said:

I admit LBP didn't sell quite as good as I had hoped, but it's not over for the title just yet. I believe part of what holds back the sales is the price of the PS3. I personally know a lot of folks that really want a PS3 and LBP they just can't afford the system, and that's a shame. Sony could really get a LOT more sales with a cheaper priced console, it's just also a shame, that Sony can't afford it. Hard times...

How do you explain the other 16,000,000+ Non buyers?

This title has done very well for a new IP. The only reason it has done so poor in peoples eyes is because of all the hype behind it. I don't blame sony one bit .. I'm pretty sure (correct me if I'm wrong) that they never proclaimed its the second coming. PS3 fanboys and their stupid predicitons ...

If this can sell 2.5 mill in its lifetime thats an achievement in itself and LBP2 will do much greater in sales.

hunter_alien said:
I dont own a PS3, but I do belaive that even if the game doesnt gets a bundle it could still easily pass the 2 million LT with legs... if it gets bundled 4 million wouldent be a stretch... it might sound stupid now, but looking at Uncharted, and the first Motorstorm/Ressistance... hmmm ;)

Motorstorm and Ressitance were too close to launch to use as indicators if you ask me.

Uncharted maybe, the real question will be how the legs hold out... some genres legs are good.  Others then just fade right away.  Platformers... are really unknown since the only true platformers that tend to be Mario ones.

2-D platformers... what that only leaves Super Paper Mario and Warioland to do analysis with?

I think we'd need a month more of data before analysis.

I can't honestly believe that you wanted a discussion with your wording so much as you just wanted to rub the sales of LBP into people's faces. Which is a dick move and has lowered my opinion on you in general.

Around the Network
Torillian said:
I can't honestly believe that you wanted a discussion with your wording so much as you just wanted to rub the sales of LBP into people's faces. Which is a dick move and has lowered my opinion on you in general.

Really?  Because to me I can totally believe it... it seems right up his general alley.  Still to me having reasonable conversations and ignoring the dick move is the best course of action.

So only "Sony fanboys" can answer?

Kasz216 said:
Torillian said:

Really? Because to me I can totally believe it... it seems right up his general alley. Still to me having reasonable conversations and ignoring the dick move is the best course of action.

You're probably right, though I always feel that if you don't rub their nose in it then they'll never change, not that it necessitates they will.

On this being right up Fernando's alley.....well I try to remain optimistic about people until they prove me wrong repetitively, he just hasn't done it quite enough yet.

OT: I don't think LBP was a failure, and there's a chance it could make it to 2 or 3 million in it's lifetime, which was what I always predicted anyway, so that would be nice.  LBP was an experiment as far as console gaming goes, and I'm happy that they made an extremely quality game, even if it didn't sell as well as some hoped.

leo-j said:
Gamerace said:
I said before it launched LBP will be remembered as the game that should've been on Wii. The PS3 is a FPS/Sport/Racer/Action crowd with few exceptions. This generation PS's more-or-less traded places with the Xbox (the 'Shooter console') of last generation.

No disrespect for LBP, I'm sure it's great, just on the wrong system for strong sales.

and have terrible phsyics, terrible visuals, extreemly limited creating components, not to mention very bad intergration with nintendo's online system.

LBP is perfect on the PS3, the playstation brand is known to be very friendly with all genre's, the PS3 isnt an exception, just because its 400 dollars and the casuals cant jump on to the PS3 bandwagon, doesnt mean they wont when its 300.

Can you tell me an innovative game that has sold on the wii? That isnt casual trash?

Oh come on, rumors point to a PSP version, is the PSP on a similar level with the PS3???

LBP could work on the Wii even with similar graphics, level desing and physics like Lost Wind it would sold decently, yes, the PS3 offers more technicall features, but it doesn´t offer the demographics for the game...

And about an innovative game on the Wii, you can try with Wii-fit, o Wii sports (Japan only), innovation is not only "making up levels"...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
Torillian said:
Kasz216 said:
Torillian said:

Really? Because to me I can totally believe it... it seems right up his general alley. Still to me having reasonable conversations and ignoring the dick move is the best course of action.

You're probably right, though I always feel that if you don't rub their nose in it then they'll never change, not that it necessitates they will.

On this being right up Fernando's alley.....well I try to remain optimistic about people until they prove me wrong repetitively, he just hasn't done it quite enough yet.

OT: I don't think LBP was a failure, and there's a chance it could make it to 2 or 3 million in it's lifetime, which was what I always predicted anyway, so that would be nice.  LBP was an experiment as far as console gaming goes, and I'm happy that they made an extremely quality game, even if it didn't sell as well as some hoped.

Yeah I wouldn't call it a failure.  Only way it lost money was if Sony spent to much on all that crazy advertising they did for it.

A lot of it seemed like goofy "ground/guerrilla" marketing that might of been fairly cost effective though.

How many people buy it isn't nearly as important as how many people are still going to play it a year from now.  Since this is the kind of game that needs a healthy user community.

Those peole likely to stick around are likely the first people to buy this sort of game anwyay.