By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Wii Music Defense Squad (WMDS)

I have and I like it, so sign me in

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

Around the Network

YES!! I'll join. WiiMusic is probably the most underrated new release title for the Wii at the moment. It seems the Internet has determined that WiiMusic is not a great game for anyone. I just love picking up these shunned, odd-ball titles and finding that they're absolute gems. Of course, this means I have a lot of crud in my library. The joy of finding a very deep, intuitive, rewardng and creativity-inspiring titles like these, however, coupled with the ability to lord it over a certain ign reviewer who quite obviously didn't get it, more than make up for that. The sheep-driven criticism surrounding WiiMusic actually reminds me a bit of the criticism surrounding another gem I picked up, Star Solider R, one of the early WiiWare titles.

I am feeling creative. Thank-you WiiMusic! Please, count me in. Squard?

@Oyvoyvoyv: Sucks to hear about that thread idea being stolen.

So wait? You can create your own songs?

Kasz216 said:

Technically no. You can only perform the songs listed. Realistically, though, you can do so much with each song that your interpretation of, say, Zelda's Theme will be unique, and may barely resemble the song you selected.

noname2200 said:
Kasz216 said:

Technically no. You can only perform the songs listed. Realistically, though, you can do so much with each song that your interpretation of, say, Zelda's Theme will be unique, and may barely resemble the song you selected.

Interesting.....

I wonder why they couldn't of just added a Mario Paint music mode type thing to the game.  Eh well.

Around the Network

Signed. Wii Music is one of the greatest games this generation has yet produced, especially concerning multiplayer. The only flaw is the lack of a composition mode.

Fortunately, as time passes, people seem to be forgetting the reviewer-led smear campaign that has plagued the product since its first announcement, and that helps get some legs under it.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

gurok said:

@Oyvoyvoyv: Sucks to hear about that thread idea being stolen.

Not really. It was my thread that was posted, I don't really care if I was the one who posted it or not.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Okay, here is the list of WMDSers:
1. OkeyDokey
2. lolita
3. Madanial
4. Shams
5. tehsage
6. SmokedHostage
7. Finnbar
8. Garnett
9. frybread
10. Dazkarieh
11. noname2200
12. appolose
13. Soma
14. Bong Lover
15. elgefe02
16. gurok
17. Millennium
18. dib8rman
19. famousringo
20. dark_gh0st_b0y
21. RCTjunkie

Also, 4 things:
A) A like the logo, Madanial. Is there a way to fix the typo and make it smaller?
B) Any Wii Music haters feel free to bash the game. The defense squad needs practice.
C) If you're a member, put it in your sig and/or profile.
D) If someone hasn't done so, could you sticky this thread, please?

Weapons of Mass Destruction........System? Syndicate? Sex?

I still think Wii Music seems a bit cheapish. I've looked at the songs, and there are many I don't know, and only a few I'm interested in. Far too few songs that seem interesting, and I cannot see why I should buy the game.

Also, how is the multiplayer? Can several people play at once?

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS