By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Path of the Furon canceled on PS3, becomes a 360 exclusive

Shacknews reports that THQ's upcoming (and cow probing) Destroy All Humans: Path of the Furon has been canceled on the Playstation 3 citing "development issues" as being the main reason. Though, THQ is still commited to releasing the Xbox 360 version the first week ofDecember, making Path of the Furon a 360 exclusive. Maybe not an A+ blockbuster exclusive, but it's an exclusive none the less. Enjoy the latest game trailer as a makeshift exclusivity celebration.

Around the Network

I played the first game and I thought it was Mediocre so no big loss there. as long as we keep getting Smackdown.

superbeast1370 said:
I played the first game and I thought it was Mediocre so no big loss there. as long as we keep getting Smackdown.

Remember the "good old days" when ps1 and ps2 had the smackdown and then smackdown vs raw titles exclusive and xbox only had the crappy raw games?

those days are gone.

Ronster316 said:
superbeast1370 said:

Remember the "good old days" when ps1 and ps2 had the smackdown and then smackdown vs raw titles exclusive and xbox only had the crappy raw games?

those days are gone.

oh yehhhhhhh....man the Raw games fucking sucked so bad...

I agree that by itself, it is no big loss. This game will not be missed much by the PS3 owners.

That said, we should consider the undelying dynamic and figure out if such moves might become more common with other titles as well.

So what do we have here?

1. A small title with limited development budget.
  2. An also-run gaming platform with very limited market share and low attach rate that is notorious for its lack-of-ease of development.

Combine the two and you see that for low-budget production titles there is a good reason to just go with a 360 exclusively.

Again, this one title is no biggy, but if the process repeats enough times the 360 will eventually become the platform "that has all titles" and the PS3 will be the platform "that is lucky to get some of the titles". We are not there yet, but if Sony does not recover their sales soon, this might become a reality.

Prediction made on 11/1/2008:

Q4 2008: 27M xbox LTD, 20M PS3 LTD . 2009 sales: 11M xbox,  9M PS3

Around the Network
perpride said:
Ronster316 said:
superbeast1370 said:

those days are gone.

Wrestlemania 21 for xbox was a bloody horrid game.  thanks for reminding me of the "good old days" of wrestling games on those 2 systems.  the Attitude Era totally ruled. WWE Smackdown: Here Comes The Pain is the best Wrestling Game Ever.

superbeast1370 said:
perpride said:
Ronster316 said:
superbeast1370 said:

those days are gone.

Wrestlemania 21 for xbox was a bloody horrid game.  thanks for reminding me of the "good old days" of wrestling games on those 2 systems.  the Attitude Era totally ruled. WWE Smackdown: Here Comes The Pain is the best Wrestling Game Ever.

Smackdown 5: here comes the pain only fails for me in one area...... No stone cold steve austin (due to vince wanting him to job brock lesnar) Smackdown 4: shut your mouth is the best in my opinion because it was the 1st smackdown game where you could steal your opponents finisher, i still love smackdown 5 though, they had the greatest heel of all time in their roster......... the "million dollar man" Ted Dibiase.

I liked the first game, even though I never beat it...

I've seen the trailer, graphics for the new game look..... mediocre. But DAH was never about graphics.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Ronster316 said:
superbeast1370 said:

those days are gone.

I loved the Smackdown games on the PS1 than they changed the fighting/damage for the PS2 so i stopped buying them. system

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

ssj12 said:
Ronster316 said:
superbeast1370 said:

those days are gone.

I loved the Smackdown games on the PS1 than they changed the fighting/damage for the PS2 so i stopped buying them. system

Yeah , they made changes , some good, some bad

But in recent years i would say this is my order of good sd v raw games

Smackdown 4

Smackdown v raw 2006 (lots of real voice acting from some wwe legends like stone cold and jimmy hart) side storys, not even related if you skipped the legends tour

Smackdown v raw 2007, awesome game good controls and great online on 360

now the bad........

Smackdown v raw 2008, poor controls and poor storylines

thats it , my rant is over lol