By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda Wii last Zelda on Wii?

ClaudeLv250 said:
trestres said:

Why dont you disagree with the OP as well, I mean where did he got his info from?

So far all my "predictions" about the upcoming games didnt out bad at all. Like everyone was expecting multiple games from SE for the Wii to be showcased at this years TGS and FFCC:CB too. I was the only one that said it wasnt happening. Same for those who believed that Nintendo was going to release more surprise games in the second Half of 2008. I'm saying that Nintendo will not have any Wii games ready until 2010, save for the GC ports and Wii Sports Resort.

It will be the first time in ages that the Zelda franchise won't be seeing any games in 2 years. 2010 is going to be quite a good year for the Wii, but completely forget about Zelda in 2009 cause its not going to happen, it's a definite no. Just common sense.

He's not disagreeing with the OP because we don't question his mental health nearly as much.

Your "predictions" are made of ass. You said TCB was getting ported to the PSP, then you said it was canceled. Both of these asinine predictions blew back in your face. You can't claim victory about anything, especially since Jump Festa hasn't even happened yet.

Whether Zelda Wii comes out in 09 or 10 doesn't really matter - it's coming and we're going to get it. As for your 2009 prediction, I think it goes without saying how stupid it is.

Maybe, but one can always benefit from being sure, eh?

Around the Network

@Maxwell: I didn't mean to say any Wii games for this 2 half, I meant more surprise games.

Nº 3 is the only one I may agree with you disagreeing with me, since it's possible that some of their other games will be heading towards the Wii. The thing is I mean America, not Japan where they release ridiculous amounts of games every year.

About the SE part, FFCC:CB wasn't shown and wasn't even confirmed to be in development for the Wii, it only was said to be still in development. With hardly any news in 2 years, one has to wonder really. Also, how is a DS port real support? I guess you consider Secret of Mana support also even if it's out for the VC.

About the Zelda Wii, where did you get that info that development started before TP was released? That's just a very big lie. The Zelda team had to work in Link's CB Training and Phantom Hourglass after TP was finished.
We will see who is wrong, but I firmly believe Zelda Wii will not be released until holidays 2010. Still, have they ever mentioned that the next Zelda is indeed for the Wii? I have my doubts, and even though it's the most probable thing, you can't discard it being made for the DS or simply for Nintendo's next platform.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

trestres said:
@Maxwell: I didn't mean to say any Wii games for this 2 half, I meant more surprise games.

Nº 3 is the only one I may agree with you disagreeing with me, since it's possible that some of their other games will be heading towards the Wii. The thing is I mean America, not Japan where they release ridiculous amounts of games every year.

About the SE part, FFCC:CB wasn't shown and wasn't even confirmed to be in development for the Wii, it only was said to be still in development. With hardly any news in 2 years, one has to wonder really. Also, how is a DS port real support? I guess you consider Secret of Mana support also even if it's out for the VC.

About the Zelda Wii, where did you get that info that development started before TP was released? That's just a very big lie. The Zelda team had to work in Link's CB Training and Phantom Hourglass after TP was finished.
We will see who is wrong, but I firmly believe Zelda Wii will not be released until holidays 2010. Still, have they ever mentioned that the next Zelda is indeed for the Wii? I have my doubts, and even though it's the most probable thing, you can't discard it being made for the DS or simply for Nintendo's next platform.

Do you even know anything about Zelda development?  I highly doubt you do, if you did you would know there are 2 Zelda teams both work on a different Zelda game and the realeases of their games alternate between console and handheld (for the most part). 

There is no lie about Zelda Wii being in development before TP released because Miyamoto said it himself and was posted on IGN, it was also commented on how he wanted to reformulate the series, items, levels, design, all of it.

I can't believe you think Links: CBT is a full game... its a side project made with the TP engine that wouldn't take any time to make...

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

MaxwellGT2000 said:
trestres said:

Do you even know anything about Zelda development?  I highly doubt you do, if you did you would know there are 2 Zelda teams both work on a different Zelda game and the realeases of their games alternate between console and handheld (for the most part). 

There is no lie about Zelda Wii being in development before TP released because Miyamoto said it himself and was posted on IGN, it was also commented on how he wanted to reformulate the series, items, levels, design, all of it.

I can't believe you think Links: CBT is a full game... its a side project made with the TP engine that wouldn't take any time to make...

This is the same genius that said that RE4:Wii was made by a full Capcom team.

You're wasting your breath on a troll screaming for attention.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

@maxwell: As far as I know there's only 1 team makig Zelda games. That very same team made TP, Links CBT and Zelda PH. They are now making the next Zelda.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network

@Claude: The RE4 port has been handled by a different team. Sorry if I hurt your feelings but you have to know how to stand the truth. Having wishful thoughts about things will make you feel bad, you need some time out.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

There is one director over 2 teams while one was making TP the other was making PH, I believe Links CBT was done by the PH team after they finished that project while the other team is still busy at work. You should read up a little more, listen to a few IGN podcasts especailly the ones that were around the time TP came out and PH...

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Well according to Wikipedia and all the research I made for my Nintendo games thread, there's only 1 team making Zelda games. That team exclusively makes Zelda games. No other team has ever made a Zelda game, so how am I not reading before posting?

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

trestres said:
Well according to Wikipedia and all the research I made for my Nintendo games thread, there's only 1 team making Zelda games. That team exclusively makes Zelda games. No other team has ever made a Zelda game, so how am I not reading before posting?

Haha o rly?  Capcom says Hai!  And yes it's The Zelda Team that make only Zelda games that are split into two groups for different projects so two projects can be worked on at one time, therefore two teams of devs working on Zelda titles at one time.

@Rol: I know, because the 1st party team was busy working on 1 project only, like they always do. That's why we won't be seeing another Zelda game for a long time.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies