By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Microsoft has the hammer and nails in hand...

drizzlenuts said:
Its over for ps3 get used to it.

Oh yeah,because you say it. -_-

It's over now?

And all the upcoming "AAA" games? I say,when a system dies there's no more games for it,right?

A little advice for you: Even if Sony falls to third place on this generation The PS3 is here to stay,so for your own sake,get used to it.

Around the Network

I've still yet to see anything to prove MS are making a profit on the new low price points.

I'd say that's a key point to clarify before jumping to any conclusions.

PSN - hanafuda

could some one ban drizzlenuts please? a troll that spreads PS3 SUX propaganda and claims to have played the KZ2 beta feeding negative feedback just to drag it down and downplay it due to his preference is seriously fucking pathetic.

hell, I have a preference but I dont go into MS section or related threads and spread shit.

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.

Metsadah said:
the ps3 is not doing ok, far from it.

Everybody, including vgchartz expected that Sony would outsell MS this holiday, i already thought that couldnt be true. the xbox360 showed to be a strong competitor over the last few months, they came back and started outselling the PS3 even after the release of MGS2 (probably sonys best card, since nobody is buying LBP). Your right about the economy, that helped MS more, and it hit Sony a lot harder (weak yen, no room for pricecuts, losing even more on de ps3 etc).

The PS3 is now for the fourth week selling very poorly. I dont expect the japanese sales to be huge, so they probably will sell around 250k this week against almost 400k last year. Its not ok if a console sells worse in its second holiday. You can turn this all you want, but it doesnt change that fact. It might be that the PS3 will turn around, but I dont see KZ doing it. KZ2 looks great, but its not a halo 3, it needs to prove itself since the first one sucked. Only the biggest games really move some product, and KZ2 is not one of them. Sure, they might sell a few 100k more in one month, but thats it.

Sony needs a radical change, and the only thing thats going to help is a serious pricecut, maybe even 2 in 2009. If they reach 200/250 dollars they should be fine.
Besides that they need more games, more exclusives (also for the hardcore) and a bigger blu ray market.

That being said, i dont see any of these things happening for at least 6 to 9 months.

Almost everybody.

Tease.

I think we really need to wait until 2010 before we will see the fate of PS3.

Afterall developers arn't going to cancel multiplats for 2009 because of poor holiday HARDWARE sales -- the console is still moving software.

Wait until March next year when PS3 is ahead of Gamecube in lifetime sales, possibly passed Xbox in lifetime sales, gets a price drop and continues to sell a decent rate outside of the holiday period.

Besides i for am hoping that this gen gets SONY back on its game so PS4 can launch at a cheaper price, have more games earlier, be more competitive feature-wise(custom soundtracks standard, cross-game invites, etc) and launch before/at the same time as Wii2/Next-Box...

Around the Network

You guys notice I've been pretty quite during all this?

I'm choosing not to comment on these sales as a future indicator, because they aren't. They are a price-cut and Christmas spike that the PS3 doesn't get because it's expensive, and in America, exotic.

I do think the PS3 has the advantage in the long run, with more cards up its sleeve, but all that "2009 software is year of the PS3" garbage I disagree with. I think the PS3 can use price cuts, and price cuts alone, to catch the 360, and they might very well do it, eventually, but they sure are taking their sweet time.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

rukusa said:
I think its pretty obvious that Microsoft is doing everything to kill the Playstation brand.

Even going forth to such desperate measures as demo exclusivity and DLC exclusivity. Almost everything that has a near chance to just give a PS3 a increase in competion for PS3 is either bought out or dealt with otherwise.

Microsoft has introduced the Unreal engine 3 to so many devs before the final Cell architecture came about to make them dependent on their platform first and foremost. Something that works a cheap trick to limp the rival.

I dont really have to time now to dwell deeper into this but, Microsoft is practically doing all they can to sink the PS brand name and put the Xbox in its position.

And dispite not adding my support to their cause they're sure as hell doing a good a job. And on the either side of the fence Sony is doing a slow but steady job at coming back from the Kutaragi mad-man travesty. A man that build the PS brand and nearly destroyed it aswell.

So you blame MS for delivering great content to their customers? MS is just working harder this gen than sony. You can't blame them. They make HD-gaming possible to a wider audience with their prices and  they make sure their customers will have all the big AAA games out there.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

gebx said:
Wii built the coffin.. MS is just gathering the nails..

well put

Squilliam said:
Metsadah said:
the ps3 is not doing ok, far from it.

Everybody, including vgchartz expected that Sony would outsell MS this holiday, i already thought that couldnt be true. the xbox360 showed to be a strong competitor over the last few months, they came back and started outselling the PS3 even after the release of MGS2 (probably sonys best card, since nobody is buying LBP). Your right about the economy, that helped MS more, and it hit Sony a lot harder (weak yen, no room for pricecuts, losing even more on de ps3 etc).

The PS3 is now for the fourth week selling very poorly. I dont expect the japanese sales to be huge, so they probably will sell around 250k this week against almost 400k last year. Its not ok if a console sells worse in its second holiday. You can turn this all you want, but it doesnt change that fact. It might be that the PS3 will turn around, but I dont see KZ doing it. KZ2 looks great, but its not a halo 3, it needs to prove itself since the first one sucked. Only the biggest games really move some product, and KZ2 is not one of them. Sure, they might sell a few 100k more in one month, but thats it.

Sony needs a radical change, and the only thing thats going to help is a serious pricecut, maybe even 2 in 2009. If they reach 200/250 dollars they should be fine.
Besides that they need more games, more exclusives (also for the hardcore) and a bigger blu ray market.

That being said, i dont see any of these things happening for at least 6 to 9 months.

Almost everybody.

meh, you had your doubts.

DirtyP2002 said:

So you blame MS for delivering great content to their customers? MS is just working harder this gen than sony. You can't blame them. They make HD-gaming possible to a wider audience with their prices and  they make sure their customers will have all the big AAA games out there.

No.

I just think you missed the point of my opinion.

All in all I have respect for how far MS have come. But other than that I won't comment further.

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.