By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Gamestop VP Interview, Wii/360 Sales Strong, PS3 Slowdown

Pretty good interview with a Gamestop VP. The most stunning comment is at the end where he says that the PS3 sales could experience a slowdown this holiday season.

Here is the link, I'm not sure how to embed this file.

http://www.marketwatch.com/video/asset/video-game-sales-on-a-roll/6AAE864C-CCC4-4366-8570-5860E9F508D4

Around the Network

Thanks Noname.

nothing really surprising here.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

Good interview. No one should be surprised about a PS3 slowdown. Its just outclassed on the price side by the Wii and X360. I still believe it has the greater value, but that's because if you look in depth at the X360 it still costs more than the PS3 to get equal features. No one is gonna care of course, as the guy in the interview said the X360 arcade and Wii will fly off the shelves.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

Around the Network

It is quite sad really to see the PS3 become so irelivent now that it only had like a 10 second piece in that report which didn't even mention nor show anything about visual wise. Rewind 4 years or so and it would of been the PS2 getting all that time. Ah well lookslike Wii30 again this holiday.

We may actually see a 3 to 1 ratio in terms of 360 to PS3 sales in NA. People are just not interested in a $399 pricetag.

psrock said:
nothing really surprising here.

Surprising? No, of course not. But when the VP of Gamestop is admitting it in interviews, there maybe subtle things his chain and others will be doing that may push the PS3 even further down (like reduced shelf space, fewer displays and such)

im shocked there isnt a slowdown on sales period at GameStop. Reason being that most people would probably prefer to get a video game and other crap they want/need at WalMart versus wasting gas to go to a specialty shop.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

id rather get my ps3 and wii games at walmart and my local flee market. both have a better selection of games and better prices on games for the most part.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1