By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create 11/17 -- 11/23

There was so much software bought this week that I actually think that alot of the industry hardware boost won't show up in a single massive spike to mark the start of the holidays, but a slower ramp up through December, and peaking January 10.

On some level its kind of amazing to me that Wii can keep outselling 360 & PS3 even after they have had price cuts, 'big game' after 'big game' (Last Remnant, Tales, GTA, Little Big Planet, Infinite Undiscovery, etc) while Wii has had...I think just Wii Music in the second half of the year even approach 100k week one before Animal Crossing debuted to 300k+ to pick up Wii hardware 10k or so.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Around the Network
BengaBenga said:
Max King of the Wild said:
Hyruken said:
you have to laugh at those saying 100k for TLR was bad in japan, that is only like 100k less then what LBP sold in NA in its 1st week. Difference being there are only 600k 360's in japan and 6m ps3's in NA..... so it did very well indeed.

Predictions: PS3 will never over-take the 360 in Worldwide sales this gen.

Killzone 2 will sell under 500k worldwide in its 1st week

LittleBigPlanet will struggle to make 1.5m sold worldwide

enough said

What does that have to do with the fact that selling 100k games on a userbase of 600k is impressive? Besides his first prediction has a big chance of coming true.

The 360 is up to 800k now. Still  very good, but terrible legs.

@ TheSource

Wasn't the last PS3 price cut last year?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Great sales for Animal crossing, Chrono trigger, Gundam, and Last remnant also great hw for Ds and psp. I actually thought 360 would be above ps3 this week, next week will be interesting.

Maybe Nintendo should release game bundles.

35k for a console that just had a 300k+ software release is too low for any console. If PS3/360 had a release like that they would've got 50k+ easily.

Bet - "PES 2009 (PS3) will sell (closer to) 150k first week in Japan" - Pooperscopper
"It will sell closer to 125k" - Me I agree.
ME = OWNED :(

End of '09 Predictions:

Wii: 78 million
X360: 35 million
PS3: 27 million

Xen said:
DOATS1 said:
why are people still buying ds lites?! and decent numbers for 360.

Why are they buying that piece of fail called the DSi? shorter battery life+no GBA slot... and a camera!

The DS is a GAMING handheld. Please remember that!

Man, is you serious

Tell me you ain't serious

DSWare alone.

Around the Network

Was referring to the 360 price cut....PS3 did have a price cut last year back when Sony wasn't facing dire financial straights.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Khuutra said:
Xen said:
DOATS1 said:

Why are they buying that piece of fail called the DSi? shorter battery life+no GBA slot... and a camera!

Man, is you serious

DSWare alone.

I is serious.

GBA games > any kind of ware.

Xen said:
Khuutra said:
Xen said:
DOATS1 said:

Man, is you serious

DSWare alone.

I is serious.

GBA games > any kind of ware.

Even with the possibility of an eventual Virtual Console for the DSi? The possibilities opened up by internal storage in the DSi are staggering.

Also the removal of backwards compatibility in this case is not as important to me since I have a GBA Micro and it is the best-designed handheld ever made.

shanbcn said:
No wonder SE didn't even bother to release FFXIII on 360 in Japan. Expect similar numbers for SO4 because even after so many JRPGs in recent times on 360, they still barely sell 100k first week and 120-130k LTD one after another. MS must be paying huge amount of money to SE and other companies because they are losing at least 400k-500k sales on PS3.

QFT, unless you receive a big bag of dough, it must be more than the profit they could make out of the PS3 release or else you'll cut yourself in the fingers and in the amount of money which you could receive on your bank account. No to imagine the huge respect of gamers which you totally loose. I've totally lost respect for SE and Namco Bandai.

Ontopic:

I just wonder where do sales go, from China, Taiwan etc? Do they wind up in "other" or in the Japanese sales, or floating in between but no one is catching them up?

Woww PS3 beat the 360 and IMO Last Remnant for a Squeenix game sold pretty lousy.

Well can say that all consoles are doing lousy in Japan if you compare it to the West.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

I was expecting higher numbers for everything except PSP, which got a fine boost.

Go buy Metroid OTHER M!

Wii code: 6775-1034-2238-1634

PSN: birdie93      XBL: luthor93

3DS: 3909-7597-9889

You can add me, I won't stop you!

My website: www.fight4custom.com