By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PlayStation 3 Concepts that Never Made It

Here's a short compilation of whacky PlayStation 3 concepts that never made it.

And the famous "Boomerang" PS3 Controller...

i like the first one

Around the Network

Last picture of the controller is bad**

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

I'm glad they dropped the Boomerang. It looks completely unusable.

And the ball controller... I swear, that's faked.

No, I like the DS3 and PS3 design a lot better than all of these design ideas.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

i like the first one and the 2nd (just the console design not the controller/ umd wannabe) and the 3rd one....i can actually see the 3rd one being used for maybe the slim ps3 but of course a bit different

2nd one looks like it was made when blu-rays were in a cartridge

Around the Network

Heh, shiny PS3 is quite cool.

But then I like shiny things.

There's a reason those controllers never left prototype/concept sketch stage

scottie said:
There's a reason those controllers never left prototype/concept sketch stage

Because I'd be tempted in using it as a baseball

Because I'd be tempted to throw it at someones head.

Because when I get mad at the game I'd be tempted at both of the above reasons

Good thing the system didn't turn out to be any of those renders. Sadley people never gave the REAL PS3 controller a chance and Sony bent over without a second thought. Why they did not do what was best for the gamers is beyond my thought process. They had already made choose to do the right thing by including Blu-ray even if it ment a higher price, so why not help the consumers out by choosing to give them the more comfortable controller design.

It is sad to think that For over 3 years now the media and message boards have been mocking the Playstation 3. First it was blindly mocking a controller they had never felt in their hands before. Then we moved onto $599 is to much for a game device. Next was PS3 got no games. Now it is PS3 has no more exclusives. Not one once of these complaints has been just. All that has happened is a major negitive vibe has been placed around the system, and the brand that brought video games to were we are today has been turned into a horrible device that should not be in your home.

Sorry to go off course, but the bashing of the true PS3 controller starts right back up every time it is shown, and that is just plain ignorant. Its like saying all arabic women are ugly because they were cloth over their face. Mabye if you would actually fully relise the actual subject at hand you would find that it is actually very amazing.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL