By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - UNCHARTED BABY! Uncharted: Drakes Fortune moves 2 million units

NJ5 said:

@AKA pooperscooper: I can't be the only one who saw bundles like that one. I'm not sure they were exactly like the one in that image, but I'm 100% sure there were official Uncharted bundles over here.

EDIT - here are similar images from other sites:

http://images.google.se/images?hl=sv&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&hs=EPx&q=uncharted%20starter%20pack&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi

I see a resistance motorstorm one, uncharted ratchet one, heavenly sword F1 one, uncharted motorstorm one, uncharted need for speed one..... I don't believe there were this many starter packs...

Around the Network
AKA pooperscooper said:

Sorry... imageshack isnt credible to me... you know why?

(especially since I never remember a bundle ever getting 2 controllers)

LOL @ KH3 PS3 Case!!! ROFL!!!! in one way i really hope this happens but in another way i hope it doesnt.

My reasons are unique wanna guess them?

AKA pooperscooper said:
NJ5 said:

@AKA pooperscooper: I can't be the only one who saw bundles like that one. I'm not sure they were exactly like the one in that image, but I'm 100% sure there were official Uncharted bundles over here.

http://images.google.se/images?hl=sv&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&hs=EPx&q=uncharted%20starter%20pack&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi

I see a resistance motorstorm one, uncharted ratchet one, heavenly sword F1 one, uncharted motorstorm one..... I don't believe there were this many starter packs...

I saw many different ones back in Portugal in 2007. Then in 2008, in Sweden I have only seen Uncharted/Ratchet and Clank ones. The ones with two controllers were all in 2007 as far as I remember (named "starter pack").

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

NJ5 said:
AKA pooperscooper said:
NJ5 said:

I see a resistance motorstorm one, uncharted ratchet one, heavenly sword F1 one, uncharted motorstorm one, uncharted need for speed one, uncharted CoD4 one, motorstorm f1 one, resistance motorstorm heavenly sword one..... I don't believe there were this many starter packs...

I saw many different ones back in Portugal in 2007. Then in 2008, in Sweden I have only seen Uncharted/Ratchet and Clank ones. The ones with two controllers were all in 2007 as far as I remember (named "starter pack").

I'm pretty sure there hasn't been that many dude...

(I just don't see how the could possibly have time for 8 starter packs the have Gt5:P bundle, blu-ray bundle, GTA4 bundle, MGS4 bundle, and LBP bundle [is the uncharted 160gig there too?]... must be very confusing trying to buy a Ps3 in Europe)

AKA pooperscooper said:

(I just don't see how the could possibly have time for 8 starter packs the have Gt5:P bundle, blu-ray bundle, GTA4 bundle, MGS4 bundle, and LBP bundle [is the uncharted 160gig there too?]... must be very confusing trying to buy a Ps3 in Europe)

Those bundles you listed didn't all exist at the same time. As I said, I remember seeing a lot more different bundles in 2007 than in 2008.

I haven't seen any Uncharted 160 gig bundle. In fact I haven't seen Uncharted bundles for a few months, but having lived in three different countries in Europe I have noticed that bundles vary between countries.

It looks like Uncharted sells well both in bundles and outside them.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network
NJ5 said:
AKA pooperscooper said:

Those bundles you listed didn't all exist at the same time. As I said, I remember seeing a lot more different  bundles in 2007 than in 2008.

I haven't seen any Uncharted 160 gig bundle. In fact I haven't seen Uncharted bundles for a few months, but having lived in three different countries in Europe I have noticed that bundles vary between countries.

I really think those bundles are fan art from the retail bundles that had the "pick 2 ps3 games with purchase of ps3" I know Uncharted and Ratchet and clank where some of the titles you could pick but i'm not sure about the others... If bundles are anything to go by then it was heavenly sword resistamce motorstorm and f1... and anything with the words "uncharted" and "bundle" in a search just comes back with the 160gig bundle.

This one ( http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/01/11/new-ps3-pick-n-mix-bundle-for-the-uk/ ) (LOL LOOK AT THE FIRST COMMENT!) (LOL and the 17th comment is from this thread creator himself... the traitor)

Great stuff....deserves 2 million sales at least

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Its a pretty good game, but i dont really like it because Drake is the smuggest video game character ever, IMO

Did ioi even track the Uncharted bundle sales?

Looking at the sales, the sales were largely driven back because of it's recent "Platinum Hits" status in EU, and there's no conclusive evidence that we can draw over the game being bundled unless it was like Motorstorm where every system had the game. Since this was out when the regular SKU was out, there is no clear conclusion over how this bundle may or may not have helped.

Anyhoo, Screw the haters:

UNCHARTED BABY!