By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

The part about the flag planting kinda bothers me because I'm Canadian and I have a feeling that they planted the Flag under Canadian territory in what amounts to a land grab for our resources (locked away likely for decades but still Canadian territory. I have a feeling though that Canada will experience this kind of thing a lot more as resources become scarce (foreign fishing fleets moving ever closer and into Canadian waters, etc).

We've basically almost killed out own fishing industry to try to rebuild stocks of fish only to see foreign countries come in and take the fish anyways and destroy what we're trying to do (save a part of the Ocean for future generations).

Around the Network

Why you so are assured that it is territory of Canada?

Because Canada owns the world.

Canada owns nothing, its one of the least populated countries, its lucky its part of the north american continent. Why do you think alaska is a state?

mM
leo-j said:
Canada owns nothing, its one of the least populated countries, its lucky its part of the north american continent. Why do you think alaska is a state?

Because Russia sold it to America in essence.

Also Canada is probably my favourite country in the world, its vast friendly and wild. Much nicer as a country than the more volatile USA.

Edit: You also realise that population doesnt affect what you own right?

Personally I'd say that the area on which Russia planted a flag is currently international waters and leave it at that.

Around the Network
Rath said:

Because Russia sold it to America in essence.

I consider that it is the greatest mistake...  (((  greatest mistake of Russia...

leo-j said:

Canada owns most of the oil you purchase for American daily consumption.  We own a lot more than you'd like to think.  Without Canada on this continent, the USA would be as poor as Africa.

nobody can take a joke lol

mM
rendo said:
leo-j said:

Canada owns most of the oil you purchase for American daily consumption.  We own a lot more than you'd like to think.  Without Canada on this continent, the USA would be as poor as Africa.

Oh yeah well my country can beat up your country.

Last time your country tried to beat up my country, you lost.