By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - (Official) Nintendo® is now known as Nintendo®

Nintendo® is know known as Nintendo®.

Kotaku.com

Well, here's about the oddest press release I've seen in a long time. It's from Nintendo Europe. Informing me that, as of now, Nintendo Europe have a new logo.

The press release reads:

"Liebe Medienpartner,

die Nintendo-Welt, die seit einigen Jahren mit Wii, Nintendo DS und einer neuen Generation von Spielen entstanden ist, schmückt sich schon seit einiger Zeit mit einem neuen Logo in dezentem Grau.

In einzelnen Veröffentlichungen ist aber weiterhin der frühere, rote Schriftzug zu sehen. Für den Fall, dass Sie es nicht längst getan haben, möchten wir Sie sehr herzlich bitten, ab sofort nur noch das aktuelle, graue Nintendo-Logo zu verwenden.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Ihr Team von Nintendo und Popular PR"

Which, calling upon the vast resources of my university German classes (and a little help from Google Translator), reads:

"Dear Media Partner,

For several years, a new generation of Wii and Nintendo DS games have adorned themselves with a new logo, in discrete grey.

In various publications the former logo, with red lettering, can still be seen. In the event that you have not already done so, we would like to sincerely ask you to now only use the current, gray Nintendo logo.

Yours sincerely,

Your friendly Nintendo PR team."

How strange! The red logo was synonymous with fun. A grey logo is synonymous with boring. Hopefully this only affects Nintendo Europe, and we don't see the same presser being issued from Nintendo of America or, worse, Nintendo Japan, as part of some global crackdown on fun.

If you use Digg.. then Digg this!

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

Around the Network

Although this sounds silly ...

Years ago I read that the two most important things for people to identify a logo were the (basic) shape and its color, and that a person could process a familiar logo in far less time than they could read a word.

hmmmm..wierd

HappySqurriel said:

Although this sounds silly ...

Years ago I read that the two most important things for people to identify a logo were the (basic) shape and its color, and that a person could process a familiar logo in far less time than they could read a word.

Also it may be that they plan to or have already allowed the trademark on the red version to expire. It is very important for companys to crackdown on non-trademarked versions of their logo because not doing so can be the basis of a trademark challenge.

WOO! Changing the logo means changing the company's image. It means theyre not considered kiddy anymore, thus the grey color instead of red. Core Ninty franchise FTW!

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Around the Network

Sony recently started changing there Colorful Playstation logo, to black and white.

mM

Sorry Nintendo, you'll always be red in my heart.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

It's a global corporate logo, not just Europe.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

It's like the INKT Corporation has taken over.

"This is the deep-dish, delicious irony endured by the Nintendo stalwart: to see their platform of choice ascendant, even as their bright God turns his face away."

Tycho Brahe

Maybe it's mean they won't try to stick on Mario as a company's sign anymore ,Ninty may try to do something different....?

Sign of new IP?