By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Why do people refuse to pay for online?

I play like 4 demos a month. Normally at blockbuster this would cost about $30.

So instead of paying $30 in rentals I pay about 4 dollars a month on live.

That's a $24 dollar savings every month!

Don't you agree that by paying for live it can save you money in the long run?

No sony fans' attacks please!

Around the Network

Not sure your example works.

JaggedSac said:
Not sure your example works.

and why is that? I save money from having live because i dont have to go to blockbuster.

How is a demo and renting a game remotely the same?  A lot of singleplayer games can be finished in a weekend.  Not to mention demos are generally free on PSN and PC.  Unless I am missing something and XBL lets you download and play a full game for X amount of time.  Actually, can't silver accounts access some demos?

Also, plenty of stores have kiosks with demos loaded onto them.  So you could just go there and play them for free.

Silver accounts just get demos a week later i think... this thread isnt a good one

Around the Network
AKA pooperscooper said:
Silver accounts just get demos a week later i think... this thread isnt a good one

Yeah they do....

Former something....

Yakuzaice said:

How is a demo and renting a game remotely the same?  A lot of singleplayer games can be finished in a weekend.  Not to mention demos are generally free on PSN and PC.  Unless I am missing something and XBL lets you download and play a full game for X amount of time.  Actually, can't silver accounts access some demos?

well the psn doesnt have army of 2 and bad company...I think thers more but I can't think of any...

How does playing a demo and renting a game equal each other? There are reasons to pay for online, demos are not really one of them.

JaggedSac said:
How does playing a demo and renting a game equal each other? There are reasons to pay for online, demos are not really one of them.

they = each other because they both tell me if I want this game or not...

toastboy44562 said:
Yakuzaice said:

well the psn doesnt have army of 2 and bad company...I think thers more but I can't think of any...

It has Bad Company, or at least it did.  The demo had single and multiplayer.

toastboy44562 said:
JaggedSac said:

they = each other because they both tell me if I want this game or not...

How does that equal each other though?  One actually gives you the ability to play the entire game, and the other just gives a small snapshot of what the game will be.  Not to mention a great game could have a mediocre demo and vice versa.