By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Planning to buy a PS3

Munkeh111 said:
How come you have 1 post by your name, but you have posted twice in this thread?

creating a thread doesnt count as a post

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Around the Network
Usul said:

I'm planning to buy a PS3 in a few weeks. I'm almost convinced becouse I guess it'll have the best lineup of game. Apart from games, the blu-ray player and free online are good reasons too. But I was wondering...

Should I get the 80gb HDD or the 160gb one? Is it enough with the 80gb version to download games and demos from the PSNETWORK? Won't be short space if I install lots of games?

The blu-ray player obviously reproduces blu-ray and dvd movies, but are suported other video media files (avi, mp4, ogm, msk,...) from your own recorded dvds?

Thanks!

well, if you're gonna put Video files in you ps3 then I'd recommend the 160GB PS3.  I usually do install the game, play and finish it. and then delete the install file. as for the Video files. right now the PS3 supports AVI, DIVX, Xvid, MP4, AVC-1, WMV, MPEGs (several of them), AVCHD, and H.264/MPEG-4 AVC. but it doesn't support MKV or OGM though there are certain programs that will let you convert them to AVI without losing quality.  I have a 60GB PS3 but I upgraded the HDD to a 500GB HDD.

Usul said:

I'm planning to buy a PS3 in a few weeks. I'm almost convinced becouse I guess it'll have the best lineup of game. Apart from games, the blu-ray player and free online are good reasons too. But I was wondering...

Should I get the 80gb HDD or the 160gb one? Is it enough with the 80gb version to download games and demos from the PSNETWORK? Won't be short space if I install lots of games?

The blu-ray player obviously reproduces blu-ray and dvd movies, but are suported other video media files (avi, mp4, ogm, msk,...) from your own recorded dvds?

Thanks!

good for you...........u will be playing killzone 2 in feburary then...............i have a 60gig fitted nd its fine with me.......80 wud be better but im happy with it............the roster of games in 2009 looks staggering

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

So I guess you can erase the install files but keep the save files from all your games just in case you wanna play them again or not lost the trophies you got.

Play my LittleBigPlanet level: Mystic Runner. Thanks!

Or buy a USB drive and copy files over to that.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

Around the Network

I'll just get mine in three months... And always thought about 80gb being enough :o perhaps even better would be the original 60gb.

Usul said:
So I guess you can erase the install files but keep the save files from all your games just in case you wanna play them again or not lost the trophies you got.

The trophies are saved on the server connected to your PSN ID, so even if you reformat your PS3 and buy a new one, you still won't lose your trophies.

I'd personally get the 160GB, great game and I already filled up my 80GB, but then again I have a whole bunch of music and movies there too.

Please don't waste your money on this.

"FROM A PS3 OWNER."

regardless on wat bundle you get make sure u get uncharted, despite the fact it came out last year its still arguablily the best looking console game to this day. Note- i said console, and im talking about graphics. and its fun, you should enjoy this game, and its the easiest way you can get a platinum trophy to show off in PlayStation Home when its release early next year.

80GB is enough space, and you can always upgrade to something bigger than 200GB+ in the future if you want.

MP4, AVI [DivX and XviD], WMV, and i believe MOV are all supported... I'm still waiting for .mkv support :(

4 ≈ One