By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - ANOTHER way third parties screw consumers and themselves on the Wii.

radioioRobert said:
Resident_Hazard said:
Third party companies working on Nintendo consoles has often been a class on how one sets themselves up for failure. This generation is no different. Look as Square-Enix: They charge premium prices ($40 USD) for all of their DS games

Fixed back. Chrono Trigger is the only direct SNES port. Do your research before you assume all such games are like that.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

That's a good point, the Final Fantasy games are not exact ports of the originals, but I believe they are still overpriced at $40.

They still sell at that high price because they are fantastic games.

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
COD MW Reflex 541192229709
LordTheNightKnight said:
radioioRobert said:
Resident_Hazard said:
Third party companies working on Nintendo consoles has often been a class on how one sets themselves up for failure. This generation is no different. Look as Square-Enix: They charge premium prices ($40 USD) for all of their DS games

Fixed back. Chrono Trigger is the only direct SNES port. Do your research before you assume all such games are like that.

No DS game should be $40. It's a shame that SE has become so greedy.

(>'.')>

radioioRobert said:
That's a good point, the Final Fantasy games are not exact ports of the originals, but I believe they are still overpriced at $40.

They still sell at that high price because they are fantastic games.

I do give the price, though.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Gamerace said:
Tomb Raider does have some extra 'puzzles' on Wii for use with the IR controls. Not sure they are worth anything really but it's something.

But otherwise you are totally right and this is a ridiculous double standard.

However, often PC versions of similar games will cost less than the console version and even on core game often the PC versions drop in price a lot faster than console versions so Wii isn't alone with that issue.

The main excuse for console games costing more than PC games is the console licensing fee.

It wouldn't surprise me if the PS2 licensing fee was lower than the Wii's fee at this point, but $10 lower? I doubt it. It's not like Nintendo is counting on that licensing to pay for hardware subsidies.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network
Pretendo said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
radioioRobert said:
Resident_Hazard said:

No DS game should be $40. It's a shame that SE has become so greedy.

(>'.')>

Gotta pay for those HD games somehow.

Is there a way to find out what the two licensing fees are?

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
COD MW Reflex 541192229709
LordTheNightKnight said:
radioioRobert said:
Resident_Hazard said:

When did I say that all their games are direct SNES ports?  You're responding to a post that you deleted.

What do you think About Guitar Hero World Tour/Aerosmith?, it costs the same as the HD version, but you need to have 3 wii motes to play it with your friends (1 for each guitar, 1 for the drums).

flagstaad said:
What do you think About Guitar Hero World Tour/Aerosmith?, it costs the same as the HD version, but you need to have 3 wii motes to play it with your friends (1 for each guitar, 1 for the drums).

This is something I don't mind as previous gens, I would only own 1 controller haha. So when people come over they couldn't play. So when they break I would be stuck looking on eBay for replacements.

With the wii stuff like Brain Training etc.. has given me opportunities to buy multiple Wii Controllers.

However I haven't learnt from the past as I still only have 1 PS3 controller lol. So I should probabaly go out and buy some more of those.

So I cna see hwo this can be a annoyinh but GH has helped me to get more controllers.