By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mariokart wii will outsell MK64 LTD this year

Isnt that just insane? MK64 was out for almost 4.5 years in the u.s. before the next generation of consoles and the Cube hit shelves (1997-2001), and MK Wii pass it in 1/5th of that time. By the time the wii 2 comes out i personally believe MKWii could be pushing 25 million or more. Considering multiple people play on each copy, that's quite possibly as much or more exposure than even the biggest Hollywood box office hit.

Around the Network

Yes, this is absolutely insane. But MK Wii has awesome online and is a ton of fun -- the best game released this year, in my opinion.  Even when I got GTA 4, I was playing more Mario Kart than GTA 4.  Mario Kart is just a better game.

i dont know about 25million. will it stay in the top ten the same way wii play is?
thats the answer to your question in question form..

hello how are you.

It has officially outsold the N64 version! I think that's a great achievement. Now it has to catch up to MK DS. That might be difficult, but I'm sure it will happen eventually.

Add me on Xbox Live: TopCat8

I would not be shocked if it maintains its current attach rate through the end of this gen, and 25% of all Wiis sold is going to be absolutely huge.

Around the Network

It has loads of potential, so would certainly be worthy of 25 million sales. But that will take time.

www.tranmererovers.co.uk

Currently playing: Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks and Red Steel.

Wii Friend Codes:

Smash Bros Brawl- 5284 2865 3565

Mario Kart Wii- 0216 0932 4306

Mario Strikers Charged- 034471 707985

Send me a message if you have added me.

I think it will definitely get to 20 million. Its sales are increasing rather than decreasing and given they were never ever low in the first place that is quite an impressive achievement.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

MK Wii will sell over 20 million at this rate.

I have yet to buy it, I will by the end of the year

The thing about MKWii is that everyone that isn't interested in it eventually gets it because someone else with the Wii explains to them that they are insane for not having it.

IMO it is the greatest multi player game of this generation.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger