By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - If a hair fell into your console, would you care?

sometimes i can feel the bacteria on my hands so i just scratch it off. sometimes it wont come off so i have to use a knife!

Around the Network
your mother said:

Every single electronics device in my household contains at least thousands of hairs and I'm not going to bother cleaning all of them all the time because the hairs will just keep getting in those devices.

Living with four cats does that to your hardware... 

For some reason, I think human hairs would be more annoying than cat hairs.

BenKenobi88 said:
You should get your OCD checked out.

There are no hairs in my consoles. Just thought it would be an interesting thread to create. And besides, it's normal to be bothered by hairs accidentally getting inside consoles. O.C.D. would be something totally beyond that. For example, using a knife to try to get all the bacteria out of your hands, instead of anti-bacterial soap. Even then, it's impossible to get all the bacteria out of you.

A wii is nearly sealed. the only part open is the exhaust, i.e. air blowing out. Therefore I don't think a hair could fall is so ... I have wasted everyone's time with my post that is without intelligent thought and a well thought out answer to the question.

No, i wouldn't care.

a.l.e.x59 said:
your mother said:

Every single electronics device in my household contains at least thousands of hairs and I'm not going to bother cleaning all of them all the time because the hairs will just keep getting in those devices.

Living with four cats does that to your hardware...

For some reason, I think human hairs would be more annoying than cat hairs.

Trust me, until you've shared your 2x4 meter office space with four cats simultaneously shedding their fur coat for the summer, human hair's got NOTHING on cat hair!

My gaming computer has foam filters covering every single orifice and hairs still make their way in. I'm not just talking about a hair here or there. I'm talking about handfuls of hair.

The bottom of the cat door right now has about a 1/2 centimete-thick coat of fur from the cats rubbing against it when going in and out. That's how bad it is. I've never ever seen a home with that much human hair - a barber shop yes, but not a home!

Around the Network

that's funny. That guy's PS3 is covering his wii

superchunk said:
A wii is nearly sealed. the only part open is the exhaust, i.e. air blowing out. Therefore I don't think a hair could fall is so ... I have wasted everyone's time with my post that is without intelligent thought and a well thought out answer to the question.

No, i wouldn't care.

Samething with the ps3, so it wont fall inside it at all. Or even the 360 for that matter, but it has a disc tray and the hair could fall in there.

mM

When the Wii, and Playstation 3 are turned off, there is no air blowing out to prevent the hair from getting inside the holes.