By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - rise of sony fall of man !!!

The Wii will win this generation, I think you're the first person to question this in a long time toaster

Around the Network
scottie said:
The Wii will win this generation, I think you're the first person to question this in a long time toaster

it might but might bet is ps3 will beat 360

SpartanFX said:
Neoraf said:
Nintendo or Microsoft.

The Wii is the Mass Market Beast.

The 360 is the new PS2, the Hardcore console.

when PS2 was $199(same price as the 360) the user base was at 80 million rather than 22.8 million,,,so i don't see howyou compare the popularity of 360 to PS2

I believe he was comparing the games on the consoles. I'd say the Gamecube and xbox were just as "hardcore" as the PS2 though, but then again I don't really understand what "hardcore" is supposed to mean.

wfz said:
SpartanFX said:
Neoraf said:
Nintendo or Microsoft.

The Wii is the Mass Market Beast.

The 360 is the new PS2, the Hardcore console.

when PS2 was $199(same price as the 360) the user base was at 80 million rather than 22.8 million,,,so i don't see howyou compare the popularity of 360 to PS2

I believe he was comparing the games on the consoles. I'd say the Gamecube and xbox were just as "hardcore" as the PS2 though, but then again I don't really understand what "hardcore" is supposed to mean.

i agree the ps2 was a genration legend at will make the all time history books    period !

@toaster,
there are hundreds threads like yours.
Why every new guy start the same thing over and over again?
Just check the threads history and then open new threads.

Around the Network

toaster, you look like a teen.
you look like a young Playstation Fanboy.

Go multiplatform. Open your view.

My Gaming Setup

Neoraf said:
toaster, you look like a teen.
you look like a young Playstation Fanboy.

Go multiplatform. Open your view.

trust me i love all the consoles owned about 7-8 xbox 360s traded in them all at some time 2-3 wiis also traded in and basically every console i have ever owned which is just about all of them have been traded in yep i regret it deeply

1) Sony is not going to win this gen. Nintendo will win this gen. Anybody who thinks otherwise is deluded.

2) If by some strange twist of fate/earthquake/tornado/bankruptcy, PS3 comes in first (I'm sure it will come second by the end of the gen), it's very unlikely it will beat the PS2, which by that point should have sold upwards of 140 million copies.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

SpartanFX said:

Huh? The PS2 dropped to $199 in May of 2002. According to this site, the user base at the time was around 27 million. You're not comparing the PS2's user base at the end of the $199 price point to the 360's user base at the beginning of the $199 price point, are you?

That said, of course no one can compare the popularity of the 360 to the PS2. The 360 would be lucky to reach 1/3rd of the PS2's sales by the end of the generation. The only console whose sales can be compared to the PS2's are the Wii's.

blizzid said:
SpartanFX said:

Huh? The PS2 dropped to $199 in May of 2002. According to this site, the user base at the time was around 27 million. You're not comparing the PS2's user base at the end of the $199 price point to the 360's user base at the beginning of the $199 price point, are you?

That said, of course no one can compare the popularity of the 360 to the PS2. The 360 would be lucky to reach 1/3rd of the PS2's sales by the end of the generation. The only console whose sales can be compared to the PS2's are the Wii's.

but they was in usa not europe prices drop at different rates round the world