By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Shouldn't banned users stay banned?

It seems like banning people is doing nothing? They just make a new account and continue trolling without changing at all.

Mods, can't you just toss these people once it becomes apparent who they are and that they are making no attempt of modifying their behavior?

Around the Network

IP checks aren't perfect, but I used to do it as a mod. If some "familiar" users are originating from the same ISP, something's up.

Are you talking about Blue or Gballzack? I think they are both active at the moment.

IP banning doesn't work for various reasons so I don't know how they could perma ban someone.

please do..when I started my new account after I asked previously to ban my old one..I aplogized to everyone for my actions...it really doesnt bother me really when someone signs up a account and continues to flame bait someone into an arguement....its just I dont appericate them when they dont aoplogize their actions and contiune to flame then thats when I get pissed off....but I thought ioi took care of that already...O_O

Desroko said:
IP checks aren't perfect, but I used to do it as a mod. If some "familiar" users are originating from the same ISP, something's up.

yup...thats what ioi have to watch for...to see if someone is signing a new account with the same IP address..but really you cant do anything because those trolls can go to different computers and sign up so its really not useful...

Around the Network

If you get banned twice, it should be game over. Everyone makes mistakes.

I am Daemon. I am the Word.

Takashii360 said:
Desroko said:

yup...thats what ioi have to watch for...to see if someone is signing a new account with the same IP address..but really you cant do anything because those trolls can go to different computers and sign up so its really not useful...

Make 'em work for it, if nothing else.

To make it clear, I don't suggest banning entire ISPs, as that would block a lot of productive users. But it's a good investigation tool.

Kil I mean blue3 cant ask for forgiveness like me or you did takashii, he did something terrible, I wasnt here at the time, since I was banned. I was foolsih at that time, and soriku is acting exactly how I was acting its only a matter of time before he losses it. Banners should be given a chance, like I was given. But after that they should be banned forever. The mods cant do anything about it since they dont know if they are that person.

mM

I don't really have a problem with people who are willing to discuss things politely. But some of these people seemingly go on every thread and just say nutso stuff and make personal attacks. It all seems a bit ridiculous, because these people seem to get away with more than the average person that acts out of character.

leo-j said:
Kil I mean blue3 cant ask for forgiveness like me or you did takashii, he did something terrible, I wasnt here at the time, since I was banned. I was foolsih at that time, and soriku is acting exactly how I was acting its only a matter of time before he losses it. Banners should be given a chance, like I was given. But after that they should be banned forever. The mods cant do anything about it since they dont know if they are that person.

Yeah your right...but the IP thing is a bit harsh and sometimes not useful...everyone should be given a second chance...I got banned 3 times I think because of something dumb....but that third one like I said was primarily because I wanted the account gone...you know people should just be more mature and stay on topic and be less flaming bait...and try not to get banned...because once you say the wrong thing its....*imtates slice of throat* its over....lol...and there isnt any turning back....sorry for the example of the slice of throat but its the truth...O_O