By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Should I get a Zune or an Ipod?

So Best Buy Canada is having a deal where you buy a 16 gig Zune and get a 4 gig free. I am considering getting this so I can give teh 4gb one to my borther for Christmas. The only Ipod I'm interested in know is the nano chromatic. I like the Zune pad and features liek wireless sharing, FM radio and podcasts. I just want to know based on your expiriences and opinions is the better, long lasting mp3 player because sometimes these website  comparisons miss a few things.

Around the Network

My friend has a Zune and it's worked well for him for the past couple years that he's had it.

My sister has an iPod and she's had a ton of problems with it, at least, when it comes to putting music on it.

Personally, I would go with the Zune because it's a better deal and you can pick up a second one for your brother.

They are pretty much the same thing, just get the better deal.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Probably should just get the better deal. I would go for the iPod that's just crazy me.

4 ≈ One

go for the ipod...the zune will probably RROD on you. xD

Around the Network

Zune is alright, but damn does it have some annoying features. I sold mine to someone else because my computer had some weird error where I couldn't install WMP10 (even after I formatted...) and you can't use the Zune unless you have WMP10 installed because it shares a driver with WMP10.

The Zune would be amazing if Microsoft didn't have its bullshit DRM and you could use it just like a drag and drop HDD, but alas, MS decided to be a little bitch.

And I say that as someone who intensely dislikes Apple.

I just broke down and bought a PSP to use as an MP3 player since it has flash memory (less likely to crash) and it plays games all for a relatively decent price.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

none of the above, the best mp3 player is the :

CREATIVE ZEN X-FI.

http://support.creative.com/Products/ProductDetails.aspx?catID=213&CatName=MP3+Players&subCatID=214&subCatName=ZEN&prodID=17811&prodName=ZEN+X-Fi+16GB%2f32GB

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

Sounds like a good deal, plus the FM radio sounds cool. But I like my Ipod, for now.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Video Walkmans are the best, but they'll cost you a bit.

psrock said:
none of the above, the best mp3 player is the :

CREATIVE ZEN X-FI.

http://support.creative.com/Products/ProductDetails.aspx?catID=213&CatName=MP3+Players&subCatID=214&subCatName=ZEN&prodID=17811&prodName=ZEN+X-Fi+16GB%2f32GB

QFT.

Out of the 2 in the OP, I'd go for the Zune. If MS ever starts selling them in the UK!