By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best Buy STOCKS UP for Black Friday (rows/stacks of consoles and games)

Nope, Western NY stores are barren as always.

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Warrior of Light

Around the Network

I'll be staying away from the stores on that day...

Former something....

I've seen bigger piles of Wii at my local Best Buy and they disappear pretty fast. Hopefully that's only their display pile and have more for Black Friday.

Even Best Buy Canada seems to be redoing. Saddly the focus of the selection is music games. A lot of music games. I was tempted to make a my trip to best buy thread just to rant about it. :P

I wonder how Boxing Day will be in Canada (boxing day = december 26).

That's because they sell a lot of music games. At my local best buy they had a huge stack of GH:WT for launch, probably like 100 full kits and they were all gone within the week.

Around the Network

This could be one record breaking season.

My Games of 2011:

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Super Mario 3D Land

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Uncharted 160GB Bundles!

A PS360 Ring! awesome!

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Amazing. Look back at trends from last year to show you how much software sales shot up. Just wait until this year when trends are higher haha. Especially Wii software which takes off even larger during this because of the mass buying of the mainstream.

As much as I'm looking forward for next week's hardware sales, I think the software sales are going to look even more interesting. Nevertheless, next week is going to be massive. Can't wait!

Smeags said:
As much as I'm looking forward for next week's hardware sales, I think the software sales are going to look even more interesting. Nevertheless, next week is going to be massive. Can't wait!

Well hardware will be pretty easy to predict.  Over a million for Wii and DS EASILY.  PSP and 360 over the 500k mark and PS3 either at it or under it but no lower than 400k.

But software will definitely be interesting.  Usually traditional Black Friday increases are about half the increases of peak week in December.  So from a normal week, peak Christmas sales are general about 6x sales increase for software.  So half is about 3x increase.  So generally if there is a mainstream game out there selling about 15k a week then it could be at the 40k-50k mark but no guarantees.  But increases will vary between 1.5X increases to as high as 6x increaes.  Just depends on the game.  But remember as Black Friday is it still doesn't compare to peak Christmas week or this year the week ending right before the week encompassing Christmas.  But Black Friday always shows us what's generally going to take off during Christmas.

This is why developers rush to get titles out in mid to late October and early to mid November.  They want their titles out by the time Black Friday comes.