By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Killergran said:
appolose said:
Here's to 48.2 by the end of the week.

For that to happen, the Wii will have to outsell the PS360 combined by about 100k in North america + Japan. More, if you actually want it it to go over 48.20% (and not over 48.151%, which is when VGChartz shows 48.2%). We'll see if that happens. Unlikely, but possible.

This, of course, is if there are no more adjustments this week.

EDIT: It would be around 175k to get a true 48.2%

Why would it matter if it were a "true" 48.2% when its not currently a "true" 48.1%?

Around the Network

Go Wii!
(>'.')> (>'.')>

Woot woot!

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Warrior of Light

if it reaches 45 million, which is doable (only needs to sell about 1.2 million a wek for the rest of the year), then it will probably break the 50% barrier, it's unlikely that Ps3 and 360 will get more than 5 million more for the year combined

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

jlauro said:
I generally say you should wait until all 3 regions are in...

That said, it's unlikely to go down...

lol it went up

*failhorn*

Around the Network

One step more for the GOAL 50%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will update the magic number thread after Black friday week...

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

bigjon said:
I will update the magic number thread after Black friday week...

I predict the most epic week of sales evar!!

Okami

To lavish praise upon this title, the assumption of a common plateau between player and game must be made.  I won't open my unworthy mouth.

Christian (+50).  Arminian(+20). AG adherent(+20). YEC(+20). Pre-tribulation Pre-milleniumist (+10).  Republican (+15) Capitalist (+15).  Pro-Nintendo (+5).  Misc. stances (+30).  TOTAL SCORE: 195
  http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=43870 <---- Fun theology quiz

Come on 50%!!! >X3

Wiiiiiii~!

Eat your heart out Sony and Microsoft, can't wait to see the Wii go over 50%.

www.tranmererovers.co.uk

Currently playing: Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks and Red Steel.

Wii Friend Codes:

Smash Bros Brawl- 5284 2865 3565

Mario Kart Wii- 0216 0932 4306

Mario Strikers Charged- 034471 707985

Send me a message if you have added me.