By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - OTHERS NUMBERS IN : huge hurting on ps3

FishyJoe said:
ssj12 said:
Lucky Sony stated they dont care about market share at the moment

Oh they care plenty, they just can't do anything about it. It's called damage control.

Well, Sony obviously cares for market share, a better term to use is that it's not their priority at the moment.

Around the Network

Good job Sony!

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

PS3 sales will improve in others in mid-2009. Rumor has it, their is going to be a price cut in europe in march of 09.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

ssj12 said:
Bagaren85 said:
Why didnt you put the numbers in first post?? LOL.

Great 360 times. Lips maybe was suceesful? And some people loled that it was already dead. Haha, but the battle will be tight in december, both ps3 and 360 will do great.

And when time is ready ps3 will take some steps up. Good for gaming, becuase america and JP - Ps3 got some problems.

Japan is an added buffer for Sony this generation. It might be Nintendo first but its Sony second in Japan.

American really has fallen this generation in terms of the market to sell to. The EU has become the main market for the industy.

Still Sony wants profitability right now, they need sales and as long as sales increase this holiday their share holders will be happy and the game division might turn a really nice profit March 2009.

Not really when you look at the software. And watch Black Friday next week.

ssj12 said:
Bagaren85 said:

Great 360 times. Lips maybe was suceesful? And some people loled that it was already dead. Haha, but the battle will be tight in december, both ps3 and 360 will do great.

And when time is ready ps3 will take some steps up. Good for gaming, becuase america and JP - Ps3 got some problems.

Japan is an added buffer for Sony this generation. It might be Nintendo first but its Sony second in Japan.

American really has fallen this generation in terms of the market to sell to. The EU has become the main market for the industy.

Still Sony wants profitability right now, they need sales and as long as sales increase this holiday their share holders will be happy and the game division might turn a really nice profit March 2009.

Well if they want profit I would have thought every PS3 sold doesn't help them. They need their games to sell ... all their biggest blockbusters have been released a few weeks now and none have even hit a million ...

Around the Network
Skeeuk said:
360 higher sales were expected, certainly will be its last year like this. on games front its looking quite grim in 2009.

once things settle going into 2009 like in feb-march. we should have a good picture on how rest of gen could possibly play out.

More speculation?  No one can say with certainty that the 360 is at it's peak, or the final good year.  As far as 2009 goes, the 360 has just as many games both multi-plat and exclusives as the PS3, and guaranteed they will all sell better than their PS3 counterparts (based on past multi-plat trends).

There is no reason to think the 360 will die down in 2009.  None at all.

EDIT:  Zen beat me to it.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Skeeuk said:
360 higher sales were expected, certainly will be its last year like this. on games front its looking quite grim in 2009.

once things settle going into 2009 like in feb-march. we should have a good picture on how rest of gen could possibly play out.

lol, so things are looking "quite grim" for the 360 in 2009 on the software front, and things won't matter for future trends until March 09 when the PS3 gets a price-cut?

Could you be any more Sony biased, hating, and talking trash?

I understand you not liking these numbers, buy why are you flaming the 360? It's insecurity.

Zen, this guy is completely shocked so he cannot speak the truth. Let's give him time to absorb this terrific blow. :P

Look at those Nintendo numbers

Wii+DS=

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

seece said:
ssj12 said:
Bagaren85 said:

Well if they want profit I would have thought every PS3 sold doesn't help them. They need their games to sell ... all their biggest blockbusters have been released a few weeks now and none have even hit a million ...

That's certainly because America and Japan are still the lands of the huge launches. Sony's main territory, Others, is known for legs. With Sony's lack of presence and lower userbase on American shores, those big launches just don't occour.

Also, they seem to have a problem with their marketing department. Their best ads are only "ok." Meanwhile, I can't turn on a TV without seeing an "Xbox now 199" snippet at the end of some commercial, or somebody snowboarding on a balance board.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

nightsurge said:
Skeeuk said:

More speculation?  No one can say with certainty that the 360 is at it's peak, or the final good year.  As far as 2009 goes, the 360 has just as many games both multi-plat and exclusives as the PS3, and guaranteed they will all sell better than their PS3 counterparts (based on past multi-plat trends).

There is no reason to think the 360 will die down in 2009.  None at all.

EDIT:  Zen beat me to it.

You don't understand...we have to wait until... lol