By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Just got my ps3!!

i just recieved my gun metal ps3 and am wondering,does the ps3 still download demos even when its off?

heres my psn: ECC_

ill be excepting friend request on thanksgiving day when i get my 42 inch HDtv

Around the Network

Yes, you need to set that function up in the console's settings if I recall correctly.

By the way, I hate you! :(

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Congrats!

I have terrible luck with downloading things on my PS3 so take what I say with a grain of salt, but I believe you tell something to download, then tell it to download in the background, and then continue looking for more demos. When you're done, turn off your PS3 and it will ask you if you want to keep the PS3 on while your downloads finish and then select yes.

As far as I know there's no way to automatically download new demos but I haven't done a lot of fiddling around on PSN.

It's such awesome news, it deserved two threads!

Congrats, I hope to "Play Beyond" when they get a price cut (hopefully) sometime next year.

Around the Network

yeah i own every console now! first time ever. all i have is mgs4 but im not playing it till thanks giving. im thinking of getting pure next. does pure support the headset?

ECC said:
yeah i own every console now! first time ever. all i have is mgs4 but im not playing it till thanks giving. im thinking of getting pure next. does pure support the headset?

I'd suggest buying PS3 exclusives first, especially Uncharted! They need much support compared to 3rd party games! Just get the PC version of PURE, you can run it at 60 FPS and more... I mean, if you have a decent PC. =P

Games I also need to get ASAP:

- LittleBigPlanet (top priority!!!)
- Resistance 2
- Wipeout HD
and I'm sure I'm missing a few other ones that I completely lost track of because of too many games that have been released in the last few months!

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

SHMUPGurus said:
ECC said:

I'd suggest buying PS3 exclusives first, especially Uncharted! They need much support compared to 3rd party games! Just get the PC version of PURE, you can run it at 60 FPS and more... I mean, if you have a decent PC. =P

Games I also need to get ASAP:

- LittleBigPlanet (top priority!!!);
- Resistance 2;
- Wipeout HD.
and I'm sure I'm missing a few other ones that I completely lost track of because of too many games that have been released in the last few months!

Listen to this guy, his post count proves he knows what hes talking about ;P

Buy Uncharted, my first advice for all new PS3 owners

ECC said:

Try downloading both the Pure and Motorstorm 2 demo's from the PSN and trying them out.

Personally I think Motorstorm 2 is a far better game, so give both a shot if your decision isn't yet final.