By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - why is Motorstorm not selling that great?

let me start this thread by posting some of the pictures taken in game:

I think the demo was pretty awefull compared to how deep the level designs of the full game are.

If you have only played the demo you owe it to your self to atleast rent this game and give it a try.It is so much fun online and offline.

the game is beautiful .the enviroments are varied(from waterfalls to rocky mountaints to jungles to lavas).Also, the time of the day and weather can be changed in every track.

game modes are all fun.

the TV /Website advertising is good for this game and most reviews gave it around 8-8.5(exepct for the useles OPM review that gave it 6 for no good reason)

so i wanna know if you got the first one(which seems alot of people did )why wouldn't you conisder getting this game?why didn't it sell better than what it did?will the sales improve as the time goes by?

Around the Network

The original Motorstorm was a launch title that sold poorly, and only did well because it was bundled with the console for a good portion of time. The sales for Pacific Rift, are actually only slightly behind what I expected for it.

Anyways, I've played the demo of this, and by far there are much better racers out there. I thought Pure was significantly better, and I'm sure there are other good off-road racers.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

I really hope it well sell more during holidays, altough it is a good game the sales so far is really bad.

^^^@nord

i have to disagree on pure,,,,I traded in pure for this game and couldn't ahve been happier with the outcome,,,,doing trick on one type vehicle gets boring quick,,,and lets not mention that pure had no real damage model in it.

Well the first one probably wouldn't have sold so well,it got alot(probably 50%)of it's sales due too bundles.
And I think may casuals probably didn't enjoy the first one cause it didn't have local multi-player(or did they later on add it with an update?)but as I was saying,I think many casuals got turened off cause of that,and they probably think this sequel also has the same problem of not having split-screen multi-player and decided not to buy it.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network

I don't know if I'm allowed to comment here as I don't own a ps3...but PS3 has a load of other games that are much more interesting in my opinion. And even those other games arent really putting up blockbuster numbers... So its somewhat understandable that a game like motorstorm would be lagging in sales as its an arcade racer.

I mean, think about it....list the last arcade racer to sell a million copies and isn't mario kart.

Like it or not, Pure did average better reviews and has sold poorly as well, on both platforms...the genre of game is to blame for poor sales i think.

I am afraid due to lack of advertising.
I feel it is a good game anyway

like the demo but its just not one of those must have games.... I feel like I've been there and done that with motorstorm... same with the 1st game... it was just bundled.. ill buy it when its 30 bucks the same thing I did with burnout

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

SpartanFX said:

^^^@nord

i have to disagree on pure,,,,I traded in pure for this game and couldn't ahve been happier with the outcome,,,,doing trick on one type vehicle gets boring quick,,,and lets not mention that pure had no real damage model in it.

For a offroading game, I thought Pure was better, but it hasn't had good sales either. It has made its way to 0.43m sales  on both platforms combined though.

The damage model doesn't really matter that much in this type of game, cause you just wreck your vehichle and you restart with no problems. Now, if you wanted to argue (note: fictional argument) that Forza is better than GT5 cause GT5 lacks a damamge model so you can just ride the guard rails around, I would agree.

Granted, I've only played them for a little bit, but the point still stands that the first didn't sell all that great either. So you can't really expect this game to race off to 3m.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Honestly I think it is the really bad demo turning people off. Got quite a few friends who liked the first game, but then decided to not get it after trying the demo. I showed them the game this weekend and now most of are probably going to get it.