By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - "PS3 being sold because of BR? Failure."

Again: what is wrong with the adds for what obviously is a SONY PICTURE movie also associating with the console that can play it? Does it cost them extra money to tack that logo on?

The question isn't why they are included in those adds, the question is why not?

Give me one good reason why Sony PR shouldn't tack on those PS3 logos on movies they publish?

Around the Network
Sardauk said:
SpartanFX said:
they want to hit a broader demographic than just gamers.

I got the ps3 for some exclusives like god of war but bluray sealed the deal.

Sealed the deal ? According to what you said, you were already into the playstation with the coming exclusivities.

Did the BR really changed something to you compared to the 360 ?

That is what confuses me... since standard BR are now cheaper than the PS3... what is the target of those ads now ?

Let me turn it in another way : In my company, we do dataming consulting. This can lead to market segmentation and support marketing campaign.

So if sony spends some money on those billboards with the association of "You want BR, get PS3", their must be a target population for that.. who ?

you should realize that some of the gamers are movie enthusiast and the blu ray plays an important part in their final choice.This factor will play a more important role as teh time goes by(say in 2010) if bluray movie flow continues like it has now.

BR is just as much a strength for the PS3, as the games are. Why not market it, after all, it's a win, win for Sony to be promoting the format just as much as it is the games. My buddy has a PS3 and he only uses it for watching BR (He plays his Wii and PC more). Seriously I think he owns like 2 games. He may not fit the majority of PS3 owners, but for him the PS3's BR is what he uses it the most for. Sony is making money off the BR titles he is buying at $25-30 a pop anyway.

SpartanFX said:
Sardauk said:
SpartanFX said:
they want to hit a broader demographic than just gamers.

I got the ps3 for some exclusives like god of war but bluray sealed the deal.

Sealed the deal ? According to what you said, you were already into the playstation with the coming exclusivities.

Did the BR really changed something to you compared to the 360 ?

That is what confuses me... since standard BR are now cheaper than the PS3... what is the target of those ads now ?

Let me turn it in another way : In my company, we do dataming consulting. This can lead to market segmentation and support marketing campaign.

So if sony spends some money on those billboards with the association of "You want BR, get PS3", their must be a target population for that.. who ?

you should realize that some of the gamers are movie enthusiast and the blu ray plays an important part in their final choice.This factor will play a more important role as teh time goes by(say in 2010) if bluray movie flow continues like it has now.

That is possible indeed ...

But you guys agree now that BR is a reason to move PS3 units then.

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

Blu ray is a big selling point. Why not advertise it?

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Around the Network

Seeing that Blu-Ray is only 5% of that market I think that they should push the PS3 as a gaming system. Sony is using the PS3 as a tool to push Blu-Ray.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

amp316 said:
Seeing that Blu-Ray is only 5% of that market I think that they should push the PS3 as a gaming system. Sony is using the PS3 as a tool to push Blu-Ray.

We are only enthusiast part of market. Probably the most hardcore of hardcore as most people I know don't care about sale statistics or even monitor game portals on regular basis.

So we don't really know if their marketing is working or not becouse it's targeted towards mainstream users. Becouse hardcore audience can't be  bought with ads but must be won over with quality games and hardware features.

I know for me advertising had 0% of importance when buying system (I mostly went with lists of exclusive games not avalaible on pc and of features that would give me fulller experience when combining console+pc gaming).

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Why i saw the new Playstation 3 ads promoting ps3 games like R2,LBP and MotorStorm: Pacific Rift too??

PS3 being sold because of BR? Oooooh! But then, of course, we are seeing awesome attach rates for the ones who bought it for gaming! Absolutely crushing Wii and X360!

Well I have no objections of a BR ad but I'd like more TV spots for their game exclusives.