By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - MS:we have shipped 25 million X360 as of today

that's pertty good.

x360 surpasased Original xbox .

how much more will they ship for the reminder of the year you think?i mean the last month of the year.

I think they will ship 4.3-5 million units in this quarter whcih will bring the LTD to 26.5-27 millions units shipped.(it was 22.2 last time they reported)

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/32449/360-global-sales-surpass-original-Xbox

Around the Network

come on 360 fans ,,,this is a good news.

360 surpassed xbox.comment and celebrate

I'm not too happy with that becouse it means people are willing to accept unreliable hardware and hidden charges only becouse it has lower starting price or more shooters available.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

^^^ok ,,,i ll wait for another more enthusiastic 360 fan then lol

Sounds about right to me. The big three probably ship more in November than December so that they don't get caught with their pants down (short supply) when Black Friday and the weeks leading into Christmas arrive

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Around the Network

@ source

so how much do you expect the LTD figures be when the MS reports the holiday quarter?(it was 22.2 last time)

~27m shipped when they report through Dec 31

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

cool, more people to game with... more fun to be had, maybe another new first party ip off the money they make, or who knows crackdown might return...... more games come cross platform, come on valkyrie chronicles.

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

@source so you expect 4.8 milion shipped for that quarter?sounds like i was right as well in my op.

what was their last Christmas quarter shipment like?(last quarter in 07)

MS has been really smart with their price cuts. They have basically coasted through most of the year, and then spurred demand at the right moments to help 360 significantly outpace XBox through three years, after taking most of one year just to catch up.

Pretty impressive that they didn't need December to pass original XBox too. Obviously they've already shipped a lot of what will be sold in December, but nontheless... If 25-30% of yearly sales take place in December, then its really the equivalent of an extra 25-30% of a year that they are outpacing XBox by.

If we say XBox had a four year lifespan, then 360 would really only be ahead by about half a sales-year if they reached XBox numbers in Jan. Instead, they're closer to an entire year ahead.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.