By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - IGN: Nintendo owns Australia

Wii Music #1!!!

Around the Network

Would need to check with the numbers guys online to see if VGChartz could be under tracking the Wii in Australia. Looking at the charts here it has Wii at 586k, that's a pretty big difference to the 750k reported here, around 1/3rd of an increase.

Not sure how many retail sources they have here in Oz

Never argue with idiots
They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience

noname2200 said:
konnichiwa said:
A moment I thought Nintendo used all their profit to buy Australia.

Anyway is their a country that Nintendo doesn't own yet and is owned by a other console?

New Zealand and Portugal stand fast against the Wii menace, although both are showing serious cracks. And officially Mexico is 360 country, although it's been a while since I heard that.

Er...that's about it.

New Zealand is probably the worst purpetrator [sp?] in terms of marketshare.. However some other countries have another console still leading in total sales (unsure about weekly sales though) Norway and Finland are still PS-centric I think, and I am unsure about Belgium but if it is now Wii-led then it was only recently it managed it. Most Eastern European countries where Sony had actually built up an original userbase with PS1 and 2 (Nintendo pretty much ignored Eastern Europe even when it was a dominant force) will still be mainly PS3 places too.

awesome.

To top it off, software doing pretty well. WiiMusic outsold World at War (360 or PS3, not combined) on their debut week.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network

They sold 25k consoles as well in 1 week. Thats a huge amount in a country as small marketwise as Australia is. Well done Nintendo.

I believe PS3 is winning in Italy.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:
I believe PS3 is winning in Italy.

VGChartz disagrees with you.

http://vgchartz.com/ehweekly.php

http://vgchartz.com/hwtable.php?cons%5B%5D=Wii&cons%5B%5D=PS3&cons%5B%5D=X360&reg%5B%5D=Italy&start=39453&end=39768

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

scottie said:

I believe the PS3 and Wii are about tied in Italy still

Wii has not been released in China or India, so certainly isn't winning there

In September GFK numbers for Italy Wii install base just surpassed the PS3 one.

An incredible feat because here in Italy the Playstation brand is very strong.

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

@konnichiwa:
The weakest region for Wii still would be New Zealand. It's not non-existant there (since week 40 when they changed distributor to Nintendo Australia) anymore but still much worse than HD consoles. For last 5 weeks best selling game in NZ was on X360 platform.

Scandinavia is the other region where Wii isn't doing that great compared to rest of the world but it's hard to give preciese numbers. I know that difference between Wii and PS3 was minimal some time ago in Norway (both probably were lower than 360).

In Italy Wii made huge progress this year and now PS3 and Wii userbase are similar there. The best this-gen (home consoles) game in Italy is probably WiiFit with around 230k units sold however PES 2009 (PS3) has a chance of beting it (it stands at around 180k).