By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox 360 vs. PS3 Face-Off: Round 15

perpride said:
Wow...all of those comparisons look the exact same to me.

But the 360 version has more pixelz :P

Around the Network
CrazzyMan said:
In most cases multiplatform ps2/xbox games looked better on xbox, then on PS2.

So...? =)

Geez CrazzyMan this is probably the only time I'd ever agree with you. YES! The game looked better on xbox soo..... =) xbox was the better console!

ymeaga1n said:
CrazzyMan said:
In most cases multiplatform ps2/xbox games looked better on xbox, then on PS2.

So...? =)

Geez CrazzyMan this is probably the only time I'd ever agree with you. YES! The game looked better on xbox soo..... =) xbox was the better console!

maybe for those, who cared about multiplatform.

for those, who cared about GREAT PS2 exclusives, PS2 was better console. =] 

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

The screen tear of some games on the PS3 is shocking.

Games should not be released in such a state.

xbox 360 rules,...

Around the Network

A definite bias but strange for a Euro site given the PS brand there.

Jeez, couldn't they just give PS3 a pity win one of these times. It would at least remove some of the stink people keep smelling around these things.

FPSrules said:
wtf is this, wat is with the video/picture comparison of multiplaform games. who was the idiot that started that shit, they look exaclty the same. 3rd party developers have no reason to make a game look better on one system than the other. the only difference is between each games is that the 360 settings for brighteness is higher than the ps3 settings, and this can be adjusted

for ex i got gta4 for ps3, my bro got it for 360. we took both games and compare. it was EXACLTY the same thing except that it was too bright for him so he had to turn down the brightness, for me it was to dark so i had to turn up the brightness. and the ps3 had noticable better loading time due to the fact that the game was installed on da hardrive. but graphics wise its EXACLTY the same so quit this stupid shit of comparing multiplaform games for crying out loud

if u want to compare each systems potential, get Gran Turismo 5 and Forza 3 next year, supposiblity both will use the systems max potential in power and graphics

and i think what you have said is so right ,a nd i think the game is so good , and i played it all day , and i am not bored , and i like it very much

http://www.internetgameservice.com/ , i heard it has the professional , but i do not know the service of it ?

libellule said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Staude said:
those rounds are full of shit. I've checked some of the stuff out and they are full of crap. Besides plenty of games look better on the ps3.

Define "plenty."

No, in fact, list those games, if you have them handy.

I believe a few games look marginally better, and some run better....but no, I think that so far this gen, on average, the 360 versions tend to look better, because the PS3 is harder to develop for.

Truth is, there is usually very little difference. When there is, it's either because the PS3 looks slightly better, despite being in lower resolution, or the PS3 version is a total mess and the 360 version is significnatly better.

hi ZenfoldorVGI,

and so the 15-0 score doesn't shock you ???

"on average" doesn't mean "always" to my knowledge   :D

I didn't realize the damage control tagline for this one was "Eurogamer is biased."

If I did realize that bias was the current scapegoat, and not "The PS3 is hard to develop for." I would have made my post differently.

I mean, of course Eurogamer is biased. The PS3 is simple to develop for.

Anyway...out of every 5 multiplats this gen, I wouldn't be surprised if the 360 didn't maintain an edge in any random matchup.

I mean, a year later, and Bioshock caught a resolution drop. Seems common place. Especially when you consider the PS3 had no chance in any early matchups, when it was getting Madden at 30fps, and F.E.A.R. PS3 looked like a Wii game.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

libellule said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Staude said:
those rounds are full of shit. I've checked some of the stuff out and they are full of crap. Besides plenty of games look better on the ps3.

Define "plenty."

No, in fact, list those games, if you have them handy.

I believe a few games look marginally better, and some run better....but no, I think that so far this gen, on average, the 360 versions tend to look better, because the PS3 is harder to develop for.

Truth is, there is usually very little difference. When there is, it's either because the PS3 looks slightly better, despite being in lower resolution, or the PS3 version is a total mess and the 360 version is significnatly better.

hi ZenfoldorVGI,

and so the 15-0 score doesn't shock you ???

"on average" doesn't mean "always" to my knowledge   :D

Not really.  It's a collection of games.

It's not like 15 games were reviewed and they all looked better on PS3.

It's that most games released any given month look better on 360.