By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Chances of PS2 outselling PS3 the week of Christmas (WW).

I don't think it will but it will be close and I wouldn't be shocked if the PS2 did outsell the PS3 around christmas. It still is selling well and is much cheaper obviously, and that will make a big difference this holiday season with the shitty economy

Around the Network

Zero chance

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

With price drop it would be possible. (129€/$->99€/$)

If it drops Ps2's price,then yes.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

There will be no price drop, but at $130 v. $400 might still be ok.

Around the Network

The PS2 outsold the 360 and PS3 last quarter according to numbers from MS and Sony, so i don't see why it would not have a decent chance to outsell them this quarter. And based on what i remember from last year the PS2 moved 600k more consoles during the holiday quarter then the PS3, and the PS3 moved more then the 360 from what i remember.

The PS2 outsold the 360 the past 3 holidays.

It they had dropped it to $99, it would outsell at least the PS3 this year.

Go ps2!

Keep on expanding the playstation install base

mM

This would actually be good for Sony. Help trim the losses the PS3 is experiencing. It was the PS2 and the PSP that allowed Sony games division to be profitable last years 4th quarter and that is what Sony will need again this year.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

^In other words, they profit by "flogging a dead horse"? It's been two years since the PS3 is out!

Why wouldn't a consumer buy a PS3 with BC if they want the PS2 games so badly?

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here