By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - VG Chartz Toatal PS3 software sales is wrong.

looking at the official sony financial site, it looks like total PS3 sowftware stands at  128,4 million.

VG Chartz says 86,893,787.

Suggestions???

http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/data/bizdataps3soft_sale_e.html

PS3 Trophies

DS: 120,000,000; Wii: 60,000,000; Xbox 360: 38,000,000; PlayStation 3: 34,000,000; PlayStation Portable: 60,000,000

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Around the Network

That's a pretty big gap. The answer is that I have no idea but I trust VG more than any other place lol.

Sold

to

retailers

?

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

vgc has always stated that its software number is NOT accurate. so, don't read too much into it.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

Lesson number 1. Dont believe what Sony tell you! Think most of us learnt that in the PS1 era!

Seriously though they probably meant PS2 sales as if it was PS3 sales they would be on par with 360 sales which they obviously are not.

The VGC numbers are very close to what is tracked by groups like NPD so if they got it wrong they would be miles away from the real numbers.

Another indication is if you go into your local computer store and look at the bargin bin chances are about 80% of the games in there will be PS3 games with very little if any Wii or 360 games. Thus proving demand for the games is not as high because if it was the figures Sony say that would mean there would be equal amount of games in there. Because if those numbers were true they would be on the same par as 360 and Wii. So im 99% certain this is just another Sony spin such as last weeks 14m people play online on PSN! Which then turned out to be actually only 7m.

Around the Network

uhm
57.90+ 13.30+22.80 +21.10 = 115.1

1. Sony probably reports sold to retail.

2. Doesn't ioi say that software sales on this site are somewhat incomplete.

It is software sales to retailers. Notice how there is thousands of games on the shelf in thousands of stores?

Sony get their money on a game sale when they sell it to the retailer. Retailer turn around and sell it to you and turn their profit.

some of these contain downloads which VGChartz have no way of tracking.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

@jaggedsac "1. Sony probably reports sold to retail"

the lame excuse used all the time when talking about statistics, nobody is wrong since this excuse was invented, (clap , clap).