By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Famitsu Survey 2008 - Survey says ps3 will own this holiday (consumer)

HappySqurriel said:
Kasz216 said:
Acevil said:
dark_gh0st_b0y said:
whatever, it's for sure that Ps3 will do well but i don't see the Ps3 outselling the Wii or even be close

My question is why do people think it will outsell DS, PSP and Wii? I mean looking at trends wouldn't one easily notice that the ps3 is currently behind the 3.

Cause... people are funny?

Much like an election that is full of several different parties, I suspect that the reason the PS3 has performed so well is because of vote splitting ...

Most people who are decent at predicting sales for Japan would have the PSP, Nintendo DS and Wii as being the best selling systems (together they hit 74.1%), and the PS3 and XBox 360 seeing lower sales. Some people always have biases and will vote for their "Favourite" system and I suspect that even in Japan there are enough PS3 fans to skew the results.

Still PS3 isn't trending any different then the Gamecube in Japan.  You'd be surprised it'd be that many people.

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
HappySqurriel said:
Kasz216 said:
Acevil said:
dark_gh0st_b0y said:
whatever, it's for sure that Ps3 will do well but i don't see the Ps3 outselling the Wii or even be close

My question is why do people think it will outsell DS, PSP and Wii? I mean looking at trends wouldn't one easily notice that the ps3 is currently behind the 3.

Much like an election that is full of several different parties, I suspect that the reason the PS3 has performed so well is because of vote splitting ...

Most people who are decent at predicting sales for Japan would have the PSP, Nintendo DS and Wii as being the best selling systems (together they hit 74.1%), and the PS3 and XBox 360 seeing lower sales. Some people always have biases and will vote for their "Favourite" system and I suspect that even in Japan there are enough PS3 fans to skew the results.

Still PS3 isn't trending any different then the Gamecube in Japan.  You'd be surprised it'd be that many people.

the gamecube didn't have 2 FF in their system 13 and versus, neither gran turismo 5,  only dragon quest 9 and maybe Mh3 have a chance of outsell those 3.

I wonder how famitsu gathered majority of the data. From the looks of it, I think this survey didn't have a constant flow of data. One set appears to have 3000 inputs and another just 1000.

Well, everything is down YoY save for the 360, so retailers may be considering that. Still I honestly cannot believe that retailers expect the PS3 to sell better than the Wii. It may happen though, as there's almost nothing big released until June 09 in Japan for the Wii, so that may turn possible buyers away. Now that AC:CF has been released, Wii will depend solely on this game until Wii Sports: Resort gets released, while the other consoles are seeing more big releases in the same amount of time.

Possibly the Wii will see it's worst period from now until June 09, when Wii Sports: Resort launches. After that, if there's nothing announced, it could get even worse.

If retailers aren't faithful of the console, and consumers even less, then something's very wrong about the Wii in Japan now. I hope AC:CF prevents the Wii from falling down too deep until second half 09.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Jo21 said:
Kasz216 said:
HappySqurriel said:
Kasz216 said:
Acevil said:
dark_gh0st_b0y said:

the gamecube didn't have 2 FF in their system 13 and versus, neither gran turismo 5,  only dragon quest 9 and maybe Mh3 have a chance of outsell those 3.

Well none of them will beat Wii Fit, Wii Sports, Wii Play, MKWii and probably SSBB in sales. Don't forget Wii Sports: Resort is also coming out, which is the sequel to the best selling console game this gen.

DQIX isn't even on the Wii, so it doesn't make sense to include it. If you want to include the DS, then your argument falls apart even faster, as there's many games that will obviously beat those you listed. Also after those games you named come out, what's the next big thing for the PS3? I mean HUGE, not just big. Like FF big.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network

Well, everything is down YoY save for the 360

==============================================================

That's not true, PSP is considerably up, in fact it has already outsold its 2007 total, and that year it had the likes of PSP-2000, Crisis Core and Monster Hunter Portable 2.

@Star Scream: I mean for the same week last year. Everything but the 360 is down. DS is a bit up, my mistake.

But you are correct, everything but PSP and 360 are down in total yearly sales.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

Max King of the Wild said:
Acevil said:
Acevil said:
Why is Last Remenant listed as Ps3 on that list?

360 version is listed aswell. Last Remnant is going to go to the ps3 and PC.

Did I miss the anouncement?

Um it was always announceed, like since the game was announced. 360 just grabbed timed exclusive.

I remember it was never announced which platforms it would be on except that it would be on the 360.

The very first trailer said PS3 and 360.  I think the PC version was announced later.

Yakuzaice said:
Acevil said:
Acevil said:
Why is Last Remenant listed as Ps3 on that list?

360 version is listed aswell. Last Remnant is going to go to the ps3 and PC.

Did I miss the anouncement?

Um it was always announceed, like since the game was announced. 360 just grabbed timed exclusive.

I remember it was never announced which platforms it would be on except that it would be on the 360.

The very first trailer said PS3 and 360.  I think the PC version was announced later.

Maybe I'm thinking of another game...

trestres@ It's cool, I obviously misunderstood your comment.