By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Famitsu Survey 2008 - Survey says ps3 will own this holiday (consumer)

Acevil said:
Max King of the Wild said:
Why is Last Remenant listed as Ps3 on that list?

360 version is listed aswell. Last Remnant is going to go to the ps3 and PC.

Did I miss the anouncement?

Around the Network

I think that the PS3 will own this holiday season for one week only :) ,,the week that WKC launches,

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XIII (PS3), White Knight Chronicles (PS3), PES 2010 (PS3), Killzone 2 (PS3)

Games to Finish: Silent hill Homecoming (PS3), Valkyria Chronicles (PS3), Oblivion (PS3)

Which system will sell the most this holiday? (Retailers)

PSP - 33.4%

Nintendo DS - 25.9%

PlayStation 3 - 18.5%

Wii - 14.8%

Xbox 360 - 7.4%

Which system will sell the most this holiday? (Consumers)

The reason PS3 on top is because of Sony's White Knight Chronicles and Ad-Hoc Party for PSP; Xbox 360 on second because of the low retail price and The Last Remnant.

PlayStation 3 - 34.4%

Xbox 360 - 31.0%

Wii - 12.1%

PSP - 12.1%

Nintendo DS - 10.4%

===========================================================

Huge difference in opinion between retailers and consumers. One thing I've noticed is that Wii doesn't fare well on either chart...

Also, no chance in hell PS3 and X360 will outsell PSP/DS during the holidays...

Acevil said:

Um it was always announceed, like since the game was announced. 360 just grabbed timed exclusive.

Acevil said:
Acevil said:

Um it was always announceed, like since the game was announced. 360 just grabbed timed exclusive.

I remember it was never announced which platforms it would be on except that it would be on the 360.

Around the Network

Seems to show their bias in their readership... or something.

I mean... 360 is above wii consumers wise?

Funny funny stuff.

Acevil said:
dark_gh0st_b0y said:
whatever, it's for sure that Ps3 will do well but i don't see the Ps3 outselling the Wii or even be close

My question is why do people think it will outsell DS, PSP and Wii? I mean looking at trends wouldn't one easily notice that the ps3 is currently behind the 3.

Cause... people are funny?

i really cant take this seriously when it says retailers think wii wont sell the most.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

MrBubbles said:
i really cant take this seriously when it says retailers think wii wont sell the most.

Do you really think Wii will sell more than PSP and DS during the holidays in Japan? I'm curious...

Kasz216 said:
Acevil said:
dark_gh0st_b0y said:
whatever, it's for sure that Ps3 will do well but i don't see the Ps3 outselling the Wii or even be close

My question is why do people think it will outsell DS, PSP and Wii? I mean looking at trends wouldn't one easily notice that the ps3 is currently behind the 3.

Cause... people are funny?

Much like an election that is full of several different parties, I suspect that the reason the PS3 has performed so well is because of vote splitting ...

Most people who are decent at predicting sales for Japan would have the PSP, Nintendo DS and Wii as being the best selling systems (together they hit 74.1%), and the PS3 and XBox 360 seeing lower sales. Some people always have biases and will vote for their "Favourite" system and I suspect that even in Japan there are enough PS3 fans to skew the results.