By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Need game advice!

1. lost odyssey
2. tales of vesperia
3. blue dragon
4. gears 1
5. gears 2
6. oblivion
7. fallout 3
8. eternal sonata
9. fable2
10. viva pinata
11. viva pinata: trouble in paradise
12. rainbow six vegas
13. soulcailbur 4
14. soulcailbur 1 on xbl

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Around the Network

Give Fable 2 a miss and get Fallout 3.

Forget CoD5 its shit compared to CoD4 for both single player and multiplayer. Treyach are hacks, where as IW have talent.

Mass Effect and lost Oydessy are both great rpg's.

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-

Well i say don't get CoD4 its kinda old now. Maybe CoD: WaW

Get Halo 3 and Gears 2 for sure. Gears 1 if you never played it as well

Bioshock.
Soul Calibur IV.
Fable 2.

misteromar mk4 said:
Give Fable 2 a miss and get Fallout 3.

Forget CoD5 its shit compared to CoD4 for both single player and multiplayer. Treyach are hacks, where as IW have talent.

Mass Effect and lost Oydessy are both great rpg's.

You totally didn't play CoD5 man. How are they hacks? Why would you change a formula that works (talking about the game engine here, which Activision obviously let them use)? They've even tweaked it, especially for PCs, so that's awesome to my eyes! Also, you won't see an idea already been used in past Call of Duty games, and excuse me, but the scale and the action in this game is far more superior to CoD4's. Go rent it dude.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Around the Network

Alright so you guys seem pretty evenly torn between COD5 and COD4. What are the ups and downs of both games when you compare them to each other?

Also, I can't believe I forgot about the Orange Box. Bioshock is definitely on my radar, but I wasn't sure about Mass Effect. I'll look into that since you guys seem to really recommend it as well.

What game is Lost Odyssey? I've never played a Tales game, so I might get ToV. I still need to play ToS and ToS2 on the Wii, I've heard those are great. I really wasn't looking much at Left 4 Dead, is it really that good? What kind of a game is it, like an action zombie beat/shoot/hack em up?

Also I just bought myself the 360!~!~!~! I made a thread about it. :P Also got Banjo, Fable 2, and Gears 2.

I highly recommend Mass Effect. So far, I feel that's been my most rewarding gaming experience so far this generation.

Feel free to ask for an actual explanation, or any additional advice.

For now I'll just list in order games that I have played/own and their rank
note: Gears of War I borrowed and wasn't able to play it as much as others so the score isn't as true as it could be.

1. Bioshock (MUST HAVE)
2. Project Gotham Racing 3
3. Fable II
4. Blue Dragon
5. Prey
6. Gears of War
7. Perfect Dark 0
8. Timeshift

My main recommendation is to save up some money for XBLA. There are a lot of good games on their for 5,10,15 bucks. Hopefully this christmas someone will give me a big point card and I can finally get a horde of Live games.

I haven't played MASS EFFECT or MKvsDC yet but they will be my next Full game purchases and I think they are both highly recommendable (MKvsDC more dependant on your interest in it)

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

Oh! and Prey, PD0, and PGR3 I got for under $10!!!
Blue Dragon for $16.

Something to consider there.

-edit-  I almost forgot.  You can preview virtually all games when yu hook up the 360 to the internet and go On XBOX Live.  That will give yu a good deal of opinion there.

I have demoed Left4Dead (Phephuckinnominal game!) and Overlord and would recomend them.  My co-worker has been going nuts ofver GoW2 and Fallout3 as well.

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

wfz said:
Alright so you guys seem pretty evenly torn between COD5 and COD4. What are the ups and downs of both games when you compare them to each other?

Also, I can't believe I forgot about the Orange Box. Bioshock is definitely on my radar, but I wasn't sure about Mass Effect. I'll look into that since you guys seem to really recommend it as well.

What game is Lost Odyssey? I've never played a Tales game, so I might get ToV. I still need to play ToS and ToS2 on the Wii, I've heard those are great. I really wasn't looking much at Left 4 Dead, is it really that good? What kind of a game is it, like an action zombie beat/shoot/hack em up?

Also I just bought myself the 360!~!~!~! I made a thread about it. :P Also got Banjo, Fable 2, and Gears 2.

Lost Odyssey is an RPG — it's rather like Final Fantasy if you're into that.

Left 4 Dead really is that good. It's actually a cooperative shooter. You play one of four human 'survivors' and the other three are controlled by other players. The four of you go through a number of campaigns together basically attempting to outlast wave after wave of zombies and escape the level. It's very hard to explain just how fun this is, so I would strongly suggest you download the demo. If cooperative gameplay is your cup of tea, I think you'll have weeks and weeks of fun with this game.

LEFT 4 DEAD - November 17th