By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will Fable 2 top 3 million sales ?

I guess more than 4 million is not far fetched

For one has done triple the Fable 1 numbers in the same time, and now the DL content comes to add big to the game,  which is both a reason to keep it and for pirates to buy it

Also we are still not in holiday sales, i bet sales will increase by far when the DL content and patch for the problems arrive mid december, just in time for the holidays

Of course if it is to do more than 4 million, would be in several years time

Around the Network

So would this make it the best selling WRPG (over 3M)? I tried to check myself, but I have no clue what RPGs are JRPGs and what are WRPGs.

I figure PC should have some better selling though, so best console/handheld.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Easily.

But according to various reports in NeoGAF's Retail musings thread for this month, employees of retail stores are reporting that Fable 2 is getting traded in like it's 'going out of style'.

The DLC will help prevent that though. I guess the problem is there isn't much to do when you're done with the (relatively) short experience.

Yes, because it sold so well first week worldwide. It will probably sell three million by January or February the latest.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

With legs I dont think anything stops it hitting 4.5 lt...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network
Oyvoyvoyv said:

So would this make it the best selling WRPG (over 3M)? I tried to check myself, but I have no clue what RPGs are JRPGs and what are WRPGs.

Nah, that'll be TESIV: Oblivion, if only for the fact that it is multiplat. Should've crossed the 6-7 million mark on PC/360/PS3. Baldur's Gate II also had some decent sales, but I'm not too sure it crossed 3 million though.

Mummelmann said:
Oyvoyvoyv said:

Nah, that'll be TESIV: Oblivion, if only for the fact that it is multiplat. Should've crossed the 6-7 million mark on PC/360/PS3. Baldur's Gate II also had some decent sales, but I'm not too sure it crossed 3 million though.

If you don't count PC though, Oblivion "only" has 3.5M sales. Fable 2 could beat that.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

DMeisterJ said:
Easily.

But according to various reports in NeoGAF's Retail musings thread for this month, employees of retail stores are reporting that Fable 2 is getting traded in like it's 'going out of style'.

The DLC will help prevent that though. I guess the problem is there isn't much to do when you're done with the (relatively) short experience.

"various"? There was one such anecdotal evidence. Can you find mutiple instances?

magik10 said:
DMeisterJ said:
Easily.

"various"? There was one such anecdotal evidence. Can you find mutiple instances?

Indeed, that is hardly evidence, most games get traded in after the first month anyway, the point is how much it sells, not how much are returned, and Fable 2 keeps selling

And will sell much better in holiday and after the patch and DL content

I expect those that pirated the game to jump in too, for the content