By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 as blu-ray player: "for the money, it can't be beat" - CNNMoney review

The highest rated blu-ray player in this CNN money article was the PS3.  I remember some members here claiming they'd heard that PS3 had subpar blu-ray movie playback, which in fact has not been true at any time since the PS3's release according to the consensus of reviewers.

PS3 also got props for regular DVD movie handling and load speeds.

http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2008/moneymag/0811/gallery.blueray_players.moneymag/index.html

Around the Network

It's been the best Blu-Ray player for the price since it was released. I've haven't seen to many reviwers write or say other wise.   The quality of video playback on the PS3 is hard to dispute.

when did people claim its a subpar blue ray player? i had always heard it was one of if not the best on the market.... and that was one reason the ps3 cost so much

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Pipedream24 said:

It's been the best Blu-Ray player for the price since it was released. I've haven't seen to many reviwers write or say other wise.   The quality of video playback on the PS3 is hard to dispute.

off topic... im sorry to see your a lions fan..... thats got to hurt ..... there is still hope ...... as long as you win out and every one else loses or ties, you could take the division ..... 

Its the best Blu-Ray player out there.

Though its actually not the most price friendly player by a long shot. It definitely used to be. Its pretty easy to find a $200 or lower player these days.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Around the Network
goddog said:
Pipedream24 said:

off topic... im sorry to see your a lions fan..... thats got to hurt ..... there is still hope ...... as long as you win out and every one else loses or ties, you could take the division ..... 

Lol, you know the best part of being Lion's fan is draft day. You always end up with a pick in the top 10 and think things are going to change for the next season. They look good during the pre-season and get your hopes even more.  Then the first regular season game comes and you realize that they still stink and start looking towards next year.

Pipedream24 said:
goddog said:
Pipedream24 said:

Lol, you know the best part of being Lion's fan is draft day. You always end up with a pick in the top 10 and think things are going to change for the next season. They look good during the pre-season and get your hopes even more.  Then the first regular season game comes and you realize that they still stink and start looking towards next year.

last off topic from me.... well with millen gone, and your coach most likely gone too, you might have a chance next year.... look at the dolphins

I am sure article is true but unfortunately cheaper stand alone players will probably appeal to folks who just want to watch movies

goddog said:last off topic from me.... well with millen gone, and your coach most likely gone too, you might have a chance next year.... look at the dolphins

William C. Ford will continue to own the Lions for the foreseeable future...there will be no improvement.

PS3 can be the best Blu Ray player all it wants. The question i'm desperately putting out to be answered is, when is it going to be considered the best video game system? Sony needs to get their priorities straight.