By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Last Remnant is mediocre, will star ocean follow the same fashion?

kirby007 said:
did you play it?...

Im sorry to get off topic but, Kirby and everyone asking if he played it, you guys said MGS4 was a movie not a game, and well..did you play it?

mM
Around the Network

This thread is quite a stretch considering that tri-Ace has nothing to do with TLR.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

leo-j said:
kirby007 said:
did you play it?...

Im sorry to get off topic but, Kirby and everyone asking if he played it, you guys said MGS4 was a movie not a game, and well..did you play it?

no, they watched it.j/k

OK edge is terrible i agree, there avg score for a game is something like 12 points below what the overall avg is and have given some really good games just flatout terrible scores.
But......the points in the OP are valid. The very first fight i entered, the framerate died for about 2 seconds. It doesnt seem to be gamebreaking but it does seem odd that SE would talk about how the UR3 engine was having so many problems runnin smoothly on the PS3 when they havent even got all the kinks worked out for the 360 version either. But the framerate issues are definitely there.
The load times, yes there are quite a few load screens it seems, and once again its not gamebreaking but its just annoying. Best i can compare it too in an RPG are the awful load times in Lost Odyssey(which just so happens to be runnin on UR3 too hmmmm...). From what ive been told though, the load times can be reduced greatly by installing on the HDD.
Overall the game doesnt seem bad, its just really unprofessional of SE to release a game thats really not 100% ready, im sure these issues could have been fixed if they pushed the release back or god forbid they had same day release as PS3 version.

This sucks... I was going to pick this game up for the PS3 but if they dont sort out the issues with the 360 version by then thatll be another game to add to my "once anticipated games" list. Its up to 7 now...damn crappy current gen games are coming left and right!

Around the Network

:( another one that goes to the drain i need AAA JRPG FF13 and versus can't come sooner :(

kutasek said:
leo-j said:
kirby007 said:
did you play it?...

no, they watched it.j/k

Damnit, you took my reply.  :-p

Anyways, don't mind me, just following mod reports and trying to fill up my spiffy new 120gig hard drive with games.  >_>

@most everyone in the thread

Lay off Skeeuk.  True, this is one of those threads that could border on stealth trolling and he seems to be a bit harsh (don't know anything about the game so I don't know the validity of the statements) but he's allowed to think a game is a bust.  If you think he's wrong, prove him otherwise.

mrstickball said:
Skeeuk, why don't you play TLR before attacking it?

this

Oh, and one should know: If you wanted to, you could lobby the EXACT same critizism that Skeeuk is using against Mass Effect or Fallout 3 if you really wanted to.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

mrstickball said:
Skeeuk, why don't you play TLR before attacking it?

can u point me out on where i attacked it...............i simply quoted what reviewers said...............for all i know they may jusst not like jap style rpgs

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...