By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumor: Splinter Cell: Conviction coming to PS3?

PSU: "According to the rumors section in the latest issue of Official PlayStation Magazine, Ubisoft's Splinter Cell: Conviction – previously believed to be an exclusive to Xbox 360 - may now be coming to the PlayStation 3.

Conviction features an expanded game world, along with improved graphics, animations, and Artificial Intelligence. Unsurprisingly, the game recently ranked in our Top Eight Titles to Envy feature, which can be read here. 

We've contacted Ubisoft for an official comment, so stay tuned."

My Personal Opinion: We have MGS4, theres no need for this but its good to see atleast some former Xbox only games coming to the PS3.

Around the Network

I doubt it--Microsoft knows they need a good exclusive stealth game.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

The OPM's rumors section sucks. Everybody knows that.

They claim that splinter cell: conviction & APB (All Points Bulliten) are coming to ps3..... Splinter cell started life on the origional xbox and APB is made by Realtime worlds (The guys who made crackdown for 360)

My take? Neither of these games will come to ps3, bogus rumour.

Another rumour... After Realtime worlds finish APB they will make crackdown 2 for 360

http://kotaku.com/5034496/crackdown-2-it-could-happen

I'm not a fan of the splinter cell series but i hope soo more fan would play it, i the only way this game come 360 exclusive is if microsoft put some money on this.

Around the Network
fjburgos said:

I'm not a fan of the splinter cell series but i hope soo more fan would play it, i the only way this game come 360 exclusive is if microsoft put some money on this.

There was a deal with Ubisoft, that Splinter Cell is coming only on Xbox 360 (and PC) and Haze is a PS3 exclusive AFAIK.

Hope the PS3 gets it just cause they have MGS4 dosent mean there is room for another great game. I mean the 360 has Halo 3 dosent need we dont want Gears of war 2

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

I am playing chaos theory at the moment I downloaded it off live.

I have to say it is a very enjoyable game.

Especially for me as I tend not to enjoy stealth based games.

Maybe it will be multiplat.

it better ps3 needs evrything it can get

Play Me

Ubisoft gets alot of their revenue from Europe (maybe most of it) and Sony has a pretty strong install base in Europe. I really don't see why it wouldn't be on the PS3 unless Microsoft prevents it from happening, Ubisoft would be missing out on some decent sales if they were to skip the PS3 all together. The engine Ubisoft is using for SC is probably the same as AssCreed and PoP, which are obviously multiplatform capable.

With that said, SC has been in production on 360 for a long time, so IF it were to be multiplatform, the PS3 version would have to be ported from the 360 version.... and we all know what that means....