By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - create-a-fighter in next smash bros

That would suck. ;/

Proud Owner of: 

250gig FFXIII SE Xbox 360, 250gig Xbox 360 S, black Wii, 120gig PS3 Slim, soon to be 3DS *___*

Around the Network

i wouldn't want a create a fighter in the next smash bros, but i would like a mii (or whatever the wwi2 will have) charecter to fight with. that way, you could customize it's look, and it would still be nintendo themed.

come try out the computer game i've been working on for my high school senior project, titled sling ball. http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=47568

brawl friendcode - 3823-8201-9151

mario kart wii friendcode - 0387-9491-4552

PM me if you add me plz.

150vg$ bet(with haggy) mk wii 2009 worldwide sales > any 360/ps3 game released in 2009.

current mk wii worldwide sales (jan 9th): 553k

Chrizum said:
Soleron said:
I DON'T like that idea. It would take away the Nintendo theme of SSB and also degrade the quality by making balance impossible. It would make it into a generic fighting game.

Also, would such a mode sell more copies (Nintendo exists to make a profit)? Assuming only the Nintendo hardcore would want such a feature, they would buy the game anyway so it wouldn't increase sales.

What they should do in the next game is to completely change the fundamentals oF SSB to make it new and intersting. Brawl was the peak of the orignal SSB formula and could not be meaningfully improved upon; the only way to go forward is change. The most successful and critically acclaimed Nintendo games have been the ones that abandoned previous conventions: Super Mario 64, Metroid Prime, OoT...

You win the thread. Here, have a Super Mario Cookie:

That's no Super Mario, it's just regular Mario.  He needs a Super Mushroom cookie...

Kasz216 said:
tolu619 said:
Kasz216 said:Everything else would be too cheap and no fun... or lame. Like most create a character modes where your option is "Design a guy... then give him one of the 10 lame movesets already in the game."WHAT?Take the amount of options available in the create-a-character mode in wrestling games for example.Then apply that too smash bros.Add in a few rules that stop people from creating unfairly good characters.That would so work.Kasz,would you like it if they succesfully did that?If it wasn't just "Design a guy... then give him one of the 10 lame movesets already in the game"?Or you still don't like the idea? Khuutra,I'm not sure what you mean by "The competitive scene is everything wrong with Smash Bros."

I think it'd be impossible to make rules to make sure nobody is unfair. That's why they go with the "premade moveset" route in so many games.

There's always going to be a preeminent combo and that's going to be the combo of moves everyone ends up using.

It also is vey hard to pull off considering all the difference stances characters have. You'd need procedural animation.

I'm not insulting you,I'm giving you advice when I say you just spoke like a failure.It's only people who set objectives & struggle to achieve it that actually do.I stil maintain that the kind of efffort put into putting so much content into brawl can also create a good create-a-fighter mode.

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/7530/gohansupersaiyan239du.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://www.deviantart.com/download/109426596/Shippuden_Team_7_by_Tsubaki_chan.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://image.hotdog.hu/_data/members0/772/1047772/images/kepek_illusztraciok/Bleach%2520-%2520Ishida%2520Uryuu%25201.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

3DS: tolu619

Wii U: FoyehBoys

Vita, PS3 and PS4: FoyehBoys

XBoxOne: Tolu619

Switch: Tolu619

Kugali - We publish comics from all across Africa and the diaspora, and we also push the boundaries of Augmented Reality storytelling. Check us out!

My thread for teaching VGC some Nigerian slangs

Mii integration would be fine, especially if that had a fixed set of attacks for any Mii and incorporated that into the balance of the fighters, or perhaps a set of 3-4 attacks which are equally balanced.

Never argue with idiots
They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience

Around the Network
vonboy said:
i wouldn't want a create a fighter in the next smash bros, but i would like a mii (or whatever the wwi2 will have) charecter to fight with. that way, you could customize it's look, and it would still be nintendo themed.

I like this idea.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

do not want!

but I would wanna see more character visual alteration options.

Resident_Hazard said:
Chrizum said:
Soleron said:
I DON'T like that idea. It would take away the Nintendo theme of SSB and also degrade the quality by making balance impossible. It would make it into a generic fighting game.

Also, would such a mode sell more copies (Nintendo exists to make a profit)? Assuming only the Nintendo hardcore would want such a feature, they would buy the game anyway so it wouldn't increase sales.

What they should do in the next game is to completely change the fundamentals oF SSB to make it new and intersting. Brawl was the peak of the orignal SSB formula and could not be meaningfully improved upon; the only way to go forward is change. The most successful and critically acclaimed Nintendo games have been the ones that abandoned previous conventions: Super Mario 64, Metroid Prime, OoT...

You win the thread. Here, have a Super Mario Cookie:

That's no Super Mario, it's just regular Mario.  He needs a Super Mushroom cookie...

Oh no! They were poison mushrooms!

I blame the random chicken.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS