By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - create-a-fighter in next smash bros

Khuutra said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Khuutra said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
In my personal Opinion, unlikly although if you had a PS3 or 360 well theres all SoulCalibur IV which looks downright beautiful, almost looks like a playable version of certain CGI movies its so good.

Also at its Maximum Res 720p, its unmatched in the fighters department this gen.

Why did you even come in here?

To state my opinion, clearly though you seem offenced some how, apoligies dude didnt mean any harm, i was just pointing out there is a CaC this gen for a fighting game so if any of you own a 360 or a ps3 besides a wii its just an example of how its semi-down right.

This is a speculation thread about Smash Bros. Coming in here to sing the praises of another fighting game is, you guessed it, trolling. In another forum I go to, they call it "pooping on a thread". It's very bad. Discourages discourse.

You'll be better off just talking about Smash Bros. in here.

Well thats not trolling in my book, though im getting a vibe from you your a wii-only owner thefore i can understand were your coming from so...

Alright i'll play by your rules, i'll stick to my original opinion, "Unlikely" due to the fact nintendo doesnt swing the way of namco and so forth.

Around the Network
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Khuutra said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Khuutra said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
In my personal Opinion, unlikly although if you had a PS3 or 360 well theres all SoulCalibur IV which looks downright beautiful, almost looks like a playable version of certain CGI movies its so good.

Also at its Maximum Res 720p, its unmatched in the fighters department this gen.

Why did you even come in here?

To state my opinion, clearly though you seem offenced some how, apoligies dude didnt mean any harm, i was just pointing out there is a CaC this gen for a fighting game so if any of you own a 360 or a ps3 besides a wii its just an example of how its semi-down right.

This is a speculation thread about Smash Bros. Coming in here to sing the praises of another fighting game is, you guessed it, trolling. In another forum I go to, they call it "pooping on a thread". It's very bad. Discourages discourse.

You'll be better off just talking about Smash Bros. in here.

Well thats not trolling in my book, though im getting a vibe from you your a wii-only owner thefore i can understand were your coming from so...

Alright i'll play by your rules, i'll stick to my original opinion, "Unlikely" due to the fact nintendo doesnt swing the way of namco and so forth.

My console ownership has nothing to do with it. I'd do the same thing with somebody who came into a God of War thread with a post about nothing except how awesome Ninja Gaiden or Devil May Cry is.

But yes, I agree it is very unlikely.

I was hoping they would have Miis in Brawl which would have been a create-a-fighter. The move set would have to be fairly limited to ensure balance though.

I'd also like to see Animal Crosser to.

i think they will allow you to use your mii's.

3DS FC: 4355-9313-6815

Soleron said:

I DON'T like that idea. It would take away the Nintendo theme of SSB and also degrade the quality by making balance impossible. It would make it into a generic fighting game.

Also, would such a mode sell more copies (Nintendo exists to make a profit)? Assuming only the Nintendo hardcore would want such a feature, they would buy the game anyway so it wouldn't increase sales.

What they should do in the next game is to completely change the fundamentals of SSB to make it new and interesting. Brawl was the peak of the original SSB formula and could not be meaningfully improved upon; the only way to go forward is change. The most successful and critically acclaimed Nintendo games have been the ones that abandoned previous conventions: Super Mario 64, Metroid Prime, OoT...

I agree with everything in your post except the bolded, because the game's severely unbalanced anyway.

On topic: I wouldn't want to see that feature, what makes Super smash bros stand out is that Nintendo has 20 years worth of characters to bring to the fray, if I were playing the next installment, I'd rather see characters I haven't seen in 15 years as opposed to a random custom character with all the cheapest moves from the tier 1 fighters at their disposal.

Around the Network

Create-a-fighter in smash bros?

You've got to be kidding me.

And I agree with Soleron.

Okay,I can already see that hardcore gamers don't like the idea but personally,I want it as long as they can put ''create-a-fighter rules'' that maintain balance.My created character in WWE:Day of Reckoning on the gamecube never lost a one-on-one COM vs COM match until he faced an unrealistically created girl.
She was the great kalli in a girls body with an unrealistic set of moves.How can she do 619?So I think they should just make efforts to balance it out.
But Soleron was sooooo right,brawl is the best,the epitome of what is possible with the existing formula & they need a new formula now.Just like my fav:the legend of zelda series.

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/7530/gohansupersaiyan239du.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://www.deviantart.com/download/109426596/Shippuden_Team_7_by_Tsubaki_chan.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://image.hotdog.hu/_data/members0/772/1047772/images/kepek_illusztraciok/Bleach%2520-%2520Ishida%2520Uryuu%25201.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

3DS: tolu619

Wii U: FoyehBoys

Vita, PS3 and PS4: FoyehBoys

XBoxOne: Tolu619

Switch: Tolu619

Kugali - We publish comics from all across Africa and the diaspora, and we also push the boundaries of Augmented Reality storytelling. Check us out!

My thread for teaching VGC some Nigerian slangs

It would be better to just increase the roster to 1000000000 or just have a ton of Nintendo and Nintendo appeared characters from all over the place.

I would however like to see a WiiWare or LiveArcade Mii/Avater Fighter. After seeing the Mii from GHWT with those coooool costumes. I'm good with that.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

I refuse to discuss smash 4 until 2011....

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Khuutra said:

hey sweet you put me in your sig!

on topic: Create a figher would be sweet! you could pick its different attacks and specials and stuff. I'm a little tired of hearing about Smash Bros on this site but the game itself is just fine